Crook 15: Danger and Affection

/ Narrator's POV /

The next morning, Liya woke up with a smile on her face. For the first time in awhile she had woken up happy.

To add on, the sun seemed to be shining extra brightly, bestowing a glorious light that swept through the tattered window of her bedroom in the apartment. The woman yawned as she sat up in bed, rubbing her heavy eyes as she got used to the light. She then stood up from bed when she adjusted, sliding into her house slippers before walking out of her room.

Jimin had been asleep. She knew that he was tired but usually Jimin did not sleep this much. She thought that last night he would be sitting up waiting for her to return, ready to scold her for leaving out so late without telling him where she was going. But he wasn't and that was weird to Liyah.

She had known Jimin long enough to know that whenever he slept the days away like this, it wasn't something bothering him.

After brushing her teeth and washing her face, Liyah went into the kitchen. The first thing she did was take out a bowl and a spoon, finding out the dishes before pulling down the half empty box of Frosted Flakes.

She prepared her a nice, hefty bowl of cereal before humming to herself and leaving the kitchen. She plopped down on the couch in the living room and turned on the television. An episode of The Simpsons lights up the screen. She smiled in delight as the yellow characters worked their magic while she ate her breakfast.

This was nice. Feeling this way. Liyah knew that it was Taehyung. It was Taehyung's fault that she was so...content. Liyah hadn't sat down in front of the tv to eat breakfast in months. She was realizing that Taehyung was slowly bringing her out of a depressive funk that she hadn't even realized she was in.

And to think I was trying to push him away...

"Frosted Flakes and The Simpsons ? What's the occasion?"

Liyah turned her head to the side only to see Jimin standing there wearing a black t-shirt and pajama pants. His hair a shaggy mess on his head, silver cross earrings dangling from his ears that he must've forgotten to take out last night before falling asleep. Liyah noticed the puffiness beneath his eyes and the tiny smudge of flushed red skin on the tip of his nose. He looked adorable.

"Goodmorning. And there is no occasion. I'm just in a good mood." Liyah shrugged before eating more Frosted Flakes.

"Mhm." Jimin hummed, walking around to sit beside her on the couch. It was silent for a few seconds before he spoke again.

"Where did you go last night?"

"I knew it was coming." Liyah giggled.

"You know it baby." Jimin smirked, tucking his legs under him as he bundled up on the couch. He gave Liyah his full attention.

"I....went to hang out with a friend." Liyah kept her response vague. It wasn't a lie but it wasn't the full truth.

"Azzie?" Jimin asked, assuming she was referring to Azzura. The only other friend he knew of her to have beside himself.

"No. Nunya." Liyah said. Jimin rolled his eyes.

"Lameeee." He groaned. "I know it was some guy or some girl. Are you...are you seeing someone?!" Jimin gasped, a smile on his face as his eyes glowed. Liyah shook her head.