Crook 9: Money Talks

/Narrator's POV/

The thick envelop makes a faint thwop noise as it is thrown down in the center of the small round table. The establishment smells of nothing but cigarettes and coffee, a cold breeze surfacing around the cafe. Taehyung manages to balance the cigarette between his lips as he nods down at the packets. Sitting before him, officer Jeon, with a cigarette resting between his index and middle finger.

"What's all of this?" The young officer asked. Taehyung furrowed his brows as he thought carefully. A deal between his father and officer Jeon had already been made. But, Taehyung seen that he could too benefit from the young officer in his own personal way. His father didn't need to have any knowledge about it.

"Open it and find out." He remarks, taking a puff of the nicotine stick before removing it from between his lips. Officer Jeon smacks his lips, causing Taehyung to chuckle humorously. The smoke spills from his lips as he does so.

"This better not be any bullshit, Kim."

"I'm the furthest thing from a bullshitter." Taehyung shrugs. And, in a sense that was correct. He took his work very seriously. Jungkook knew this, hence why he couldn't put up much of an argument.

He tears open the envelop. Instantly, his eyes widen once he sees the stack of hundred dollar bills peeking from out of the envelope. Taehyung leans back in his seat.

"What—"

"I need you to do me a solid." Taehyung cuts the officer off before he could start the interrogation. Jungkook licks over his lips and finally meets Taehyung's gaze. He looks serious, this must've meant a lot to him.

"I know you've been doing meetups with Bobby out of favors for my father but I need something else. I'm sure you're familiar with some of the dancers by now. I know this chick, names Liyah." Taehyung quirks a brow, wondering if the name managed to ring any bells for Jungkook.

"Liyah..." Jungkook taste the name on his lips. Suddenly, he was able to remember the other night. Bobby had called a woman to his office. Her name was Liyah. Bobby seemed to put her on a pedestal compared to others, although, she still suffered some mistreatment. Jungkook could tell that she had access to things that the others did not. Taehyung knew her too?

"I'm familiar with her." Jungkook says, leaning forward to put out his cigarette.

"I need you to keep an eye on her. I plan on doing it myself soon I just need you to back me up a bit. It'll be far less suspicious seeing you in there every night than it would be seeing me."

"So you want me to stalk her?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung shrugged.

"I wouldn't call it stalking. I would say...observing closely."

"Without her permission. Stalking." Jungkook chuckled, slipping the bills back into the envelope. "I can't do that. It's bad enough I have your old man breathing down my fucking neck. I'm already at risk."

Taehyung clenched his jaw. Oh boy, did he hate begging. Jeon Jungkook was but a new officer at the academy. He still had lots to learn, especially when it came to being a dirty cop. Taehyung knew that this was asking too much but he was giving him a hefty amount of cash and loyalty. A offer he simply couldn't pass up. Yet, Jungkook didn't want it.