Crook 16: 48 Hrs

/ Narrator POV /

Liyah had never been good at pushing things to the back of her mind. If something was said that triggered her enough, she would ponder it until it drove her near the brink of insanity. So it came as no surprise that after Jimin revealed to her that somebody had come to the club in search of her, she was worrying her nerves about it into the next day.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Azzie asked.

"Mhm, I'm fine. Why do you ask?" Liyah asked, puffing out her fro with her fingers instead of a pick.

"You've been touching your hair with your fingers despite them being coated in baby oil. Stop that." Azzie laughed, gently pulling Liyah's hands down from her head one by one.

The younger girl sighed. Azzura raised a brow. She wasn't convinced in the least bit that Liyah was alright.

"What's going on with you? You go on stage in five minutes but I really think you need to calm down first."

Liyah licked over her top row of teeth, the smooth whiteness rubbing the underside of her tongue as she shook her head and gazed at her reflection in the mirror. Although she had concealed them as best as she could with makeup, the bags beneath her eyes were evident. These past fourth eight hours she hasn't gotten much sleep. Between thoughts of Taehyung and their relationship to what Jimin had said — Liyah was conflicted.

If anybody could help and talk her up to go on that stage, it was Azzura.

"Liyah?" Azzura picked. Liyah says nothing as she grabs the older woman's hand and brings her to the corner of the room. She looks around, noticing a few dancers looking in their direction but Liyah didn't give a shit.

"Last night Jimin told me that a guy came to the club looking for me the other night. He asked him about my business here and wanted information on me." She whispered. Azzura furrowed her brows.

"What?"

"Yeah. I'm not stupid, Azzie. I know this has something to do with Bobby. What if I'm in trouble? What if he suspects me of doing something that I didn't do? I'm scared." Her voice cracked.

Bobby wasn't a good person in general, but when he was angry his shitty personality was amplified. He was the devil reincarnated and Liyah was always the target. She didn't understand why she had been picked to stick beside him like this. She knew that she had knowledge of far too much which made it easier for Bobby to single her out. No doubt it something had gotten out to the others she would be the first one on the chopping block. That scared her shitless.

"Oh honey." Azzura cooed, pulling the younger dancer in for a hug. She too knew a lot, but not nearly as much as Liyah did. However, she knew just enough to ensure her that everything would be fine.

"If Bobby's in trouble then it isn't your fault. He's involving himself in too much these days. At risk of losing the club, in debt with those gangsters. You can't count yourself as the middle man between those two worlds when it's so many people involved. You just so happened to come up in conversation. If you didn't say anything then you shouldn't worry."

"B-but he knows I know. The Yong. What about them—"

"You shut your mouth." Azzura's eyes widened, her tone sharp as she looked around. Liyah's lips snapped shut.