Crook 12: Pretty Little Lies

/Narrator POV/

Jimin is pacing about the small, boxy living room portion of the apartment when he hears the doorknob jiggle around indicating that someone was trying to get in. He had been trying to collect his thoughts for the past few hours before going out again to look for Liyah. He hadn't spoken to her since their petty argument in the kitchen the other day and she didn't return home last night. Good or bad terms, Jimin could not rest until he was assured that his bestfriend was safe.

"Please be her, please be her." He whispered, stopping in his tracks as the door opened. A deep sigh of relief instantly left Jimin's lips once she stepped in. She wore her trench coat and heels. Her Afro a frizzy mess on her head, face exhausted with not even a trace of happiness with life at the moment.

"Oh thank god." Jimin muttered, rushing over to pull Liyah into his embrace. He doesn't allow her much time to kick the door before he is scooping her in his arms. Liyah released a small "umph", chest squeezing up against his as the slightly taller human held her close and buried his lips in her hair.

"I was just about to put out a search party for your ass. Don't ever disappear on me like that again." His voice muffled as he passively threatened the woman. Liyah smiled small although it failed to reach her eyes. Atleast he cared.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, chim." Liyah assured him. But of course, Jimin had to take his own words and concerns over hers. He took the extra mile to step back and examine her. Her face was free of any markings which would indicate violence. As he traveled down he noticed that her coat was in good shape. It was all good until his eyes landed on the large lump of bandage on her hand. Jimin furrowed his brows as he took her arm and raised it to get a better look at her hand.

"What's this?" Jimin asked. "You were cut." He guessed correctly off bat. Although something told Liyah that he wasn't guessing, but rather, he already knew.

"It's nothing." Liyah avoided going in that direction. The last thing she wanted to do was think about last night. Or Taehyung. Or anything else for that matter. She needed a good smoke, bath and a nap. That sounded like the resolution to all of her problems at the moment.

"But you're hurt." Jimin said. "And pretty damn badly too. What is this, about two bandages in one area. Were you cut?" He resumed. Liyah sighed and snatched her arm from his grasp.

"Something...happened at the club last night. But someone helped me and I'm fine now. I'm just really tired." Liyah briefly summed up her life in the past 14 hours. Jimin eyed her with skepticism and it ticked Liyah off. He didn't believe her to a certain extent although technically, she wasn't telling a lie. She did get the injury last night at the club and Taehyung had helped her. Perhaps he understood that the "I'm fine" portion of it all was the biggest lie that Liyah could have told in that moment.

"I'm sorry for pestering you I'm just...I've been worried sick about you. All I could think about was the argument we had the other night about me dropping out of college. I figured you might've avoided the apartment because you didn't want to be around me." Jimin admitted, wrapping his arms around himself. Almost as if he was sinking into a cocoon of some sort. Liyah thought he looked adorable with his cute little knitted red sweater that fell off of his skinny shoulders. A natural pout on his pink lips, giving a warm and youthful look to his features.

"Of course not." Liyah said softly. She wouldn't dare put Jimin through that emotional distress. Especially not over some petty little argument. An argument they still needed to talk about but it was still petty nonetheless.