Part 5 🏒

HOCKEY GAME IN THE STREET•

The days of the week went by and the thought of Adam banks continued.

It was a Friday afternoon. I was in my last class.
The class passed and me, Claire, and Bryce were walking to my house.

Every Friday after school Claire and Bryce came over my house and we would hang out. Today was slightly different, Bryce was normal but Claire kept looking at Adam and Charlie that was a little bit ahead of us on the other side of the street.
"Omg, Claire are you checking out Charlie Conway?!" I teased.
"Oh shut up Adam banks lover!!" She teased back.
We both laughed and Bryce chuckled and went back to talking about hockey or whatever he was talking about.

Claire plays hockey too she just didn't get selected to the junior goodwill games in California.

We continued on with our conversation and Claire was still looking at Charlie.
Adam and I made eye contact and he waved with his dazzling smile. I waved back with a smile. And felt happy that he gave an effort to say hi to me.

We eventually got to my house and we decided to play hockey in the street.
We set up my hockey nets and grabbed our hockey sticks.
Half way into the game Conner joined and me and Claire we're loosing by one.
In the middle of a play Adam and Charlie walked up to our game.
I took a shot and scored i high fived Claire and turned my attention to the two boys on the curb.
"Nice shot!" Adam complemented.
"Thanks!" I said.
"Could we join?" Charlie asked.
"Sure." I said and Claire's face lit up.
"You can be on our team, banks!" Conner said.
"ok!" Adam said.
We got into positions and Adam set up right in front of me.
"Your going down, shorty." Said Adam.
"If your gonna speak to me, you gotta speak up!" I answered with a smirk on my face.
"Whatever. Either way your gonna go cry to your mommy after this!"
"Let's get this over with so I can shove this win down your throat!"
"You can try."
We laughed because that was the first conversation we have ever had.
We played and Adam won the puck.
Charlie took it off of him and passed it to me, I got it and ran down the street. I heard Adam right behind me and knew he was gonna fail me so I passed it to Claire. Just then Adam took his stick and failed me making me fall right on top of him from behind.
"OW" Adam said.
"Thanks for breaking my fall, blondie."
"How do you always win?" He asked as he giggled.
"I guess it's just in my nature!" I said as I got up and helped him up.
"Yea, yea" he said.
We continued playing and by the time we stopped me and Adam were covered in bruises and cuts from failing each other the whole time.
It was about six o'clock and everyone left but me and Adam.
My brother went inside and me and Adam stayed outside shooting on each other and talking.
"So, when we're you planning on telling me that Luis was your ex?" Adam asked.
"I don't know. Luis cheated on me with my worst enemy and he was extremely toxic. So I tried to just forget about him. Since he moved to the towns private school I didn't think I had a reason to remember him. But then I met you and you invited me to play for your team and I knew that Luis was there and I knew I couldn't forget him that fast."
I explained.
"Ok, i get it!"
"Cool!"
"I should get going my mom probably wants me for dinner." He said.
"Ok! Cya around blondie!"
"Cya shorty!"
He gave me a hug then walked off.

I went inside and ate dinner."

I went upstairs and did my night routine.

Bryce FaceTimed me and we talked for a little bit.

Then I went to sleep thinking about how Adams eyes sparkled and his teeth were as white as a sheep, his smile was brighter than the sun, and his hair, oh that blonde hair.