Part 7 🏒

•FIRST MIGHTY DUCKS PRACTICE•

It's Monday morning and all I could think about was that kiss I shared with Adam banks Saturday night.
But this is a new week and a new hockey team to go along with it. I got up, got ready and grabbed a little something to hold me over for lunch and then I started my walk to school.

As I was walking to school Bryce came up and scared me.
"AHH BRYCE YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME!" I said.
"Shhh it's 7am keep it down."
"Whatever" I say rolling my eyes playfully.
"Anyways are you excited for the first practice as a mighty duck?" Asked Bryce.
"Yea obviously! Are you?"
"HELL YEA"
"Keep it down It's 7am" I mimicked making both of us laugh.
The rest of the way to school I told Bryce about my date with Adam Saturday.
"So he KISSED you in front of your house and all you said was 'goodnight banks' HE PROBABLY THINKS YOU HATE HIM"
"Ohhh now I hear it. I'll talk to him after school!"
Me and Bryce run the rest of the way to school and got to our first class as fast as possible.

I told Claire the whole date too.
"So you said 'goodnight banks' WHEN HE KISSED YOU?"
I cover her mouth as soon as possible.
"Shhhhhh!!"
"Ok, ok, sorry!"
"I'm gonna talk to him at practice tonight or something!"
"Ok!"

The school day once again passed slower than Friday since it was Monday.
On the walk home I saw Adam so I ran towards him.
I ran a little to fast and almost fell but he caught me again.
"Jeez newmen, chill!"
"Sorry, I just wanted to let you know that I like you too and when you kissed me I was in shock because I thought you didn't like me like that so the only thing I got out was goodnight, but I've been thinking about you ever since we became friends and I like you just as much as you like me!" I said that all in one breath so I was literally dying.
"Calm down you good! I like you a lot but we should take it slow."
"Yea ofc, well cya at practice!"
"Cya shorty!"
"BYE BLONDIE!" I say as I run home.

I got home, did my homework, and got ready for hockey. Me and my mom head to Bryce's house to take him to hockey bc his parents couldn't take him.
"Hey char!"
"What's up Bryce!"
We went to the rink and got ready in the locker room.
Me and Bryce meant at both of our first hockey try out. We both made the team that day. Me and Bryce walked on the ice for the first time together and to think now we're walking on the ice to prepare for something that could change our lives together makes us even more of a better duo! I wouldn't Want to be here with anyone else in this planet other than Bryce Manning.

Bryce could tell I was nervous so he grabbed my hand and smiled.
"We got this." Bryce whisper before opening the door to the ice and leading me to go first.
We both walked on the ice and all eyes were on us.
I saw 2 other girls, one was dressed as a goalie which was pretty sick to me, the rest were boys including my ex, Luis Mendoza. We made eye contact, I rolled my eyes as I put my hockey helmet on. I saw Adam smiling at my reaction towards Luis which made me feel like a bad bitch.
We walked over to the group of fellow hockey players.
The coach came on the ice already getting down to business.
"Ok guys so these our new recruits, Charlotte Newmen and Bryce Manning!"
Everyone clapped except Luis until Adam hit his shoulder which got him to slow clap like twice.
"And this is our first day preparing for the Junior goodwill games in California in 2 months!"
Everyone clapped.
"So we're gonna start with some partnering drills and IM picking the partners!"
Everyone groaned in disappointment as he started calling partners.
"Bryce and Connie, and last but not least Adam and Charlotte!"
I didn't really mind considering I liked Adam I just hope I didn't make things awkward for telling him I liked him.

"Hey shorty!" I heard from behind me.
"Hey blondie!!" I said as I turned to face Adam banks.

We got to the stations one by one passing the others pretty fast. The practice went faster then I expected and it was time to get changed and go home.

I didn't feel comfortable getting in the showers so I just got changed and waited for Bryce outside the locker Room.

As I was standing there Luis came out already trying to find me.
"Hello there Luis." I said.
"What the fuck are you doing here Charlotte? You've been stalking me since we broke up!"
"No, you see your much politer teammate asked me to come and play and I got selected, I wasn't gonna pass up an opportunity of a life time because of a boy who cheated on me with grace Anderson!" I said.

Grace Anderson was always really mean to me my whole life and we hated each other.

"Whatever, but what's up with you and that tool Adam banks?" He asked clearly pissed.
"We're just friends, and why do you care so much? I like him and I hope he feels the same! He's not a tool either your the only tool here!" I fought back.
"Just watch your back Newmen!!" He said storming off.
I chuckled and rolled my eyes turning around to come face to face with #99.
"Oh hey Adam!"
"Hey Charlotte!!"
"Did you hear that?" I said referring to the argument.
"Maybe..."  he said that made me giggle.
Just then Bryce walked out of the locker room.
" I gotta go, cya blondie!" I said while giving Adam a hug and start walking off.
"Cya shorty!!" He yelled back.

We dropped off Bryce and I went to bed.

I fell asleep thinking about how TOXIC Luis was.