FIVE

Hello Besties! I hope you're doing all right! I wrote this chapter pretty fast I hope you like it. Have a good rest of the week!

I feel the familiar pain all over me. My body wants to fight me. Luckily Mara's here who's looking after me. They're both so worried. "Still no pain?" she asks me.

"I'm fine."

She gives me her wide dog sight. Mara really cares how I feel.

"Here take another sip," she's handing me the cup with the banana smoothie in it. I grab it and take a few big sips, it's a good smoothie although I'm curious about where she found it. Louis stares at me the whole time. I don't know if he's just here cause of Mara or if he really cares about me. I hear a few loud noises like someone throws something against the wall a few doors away.

"What if he's still here?" I mumble to myself.

"Who?" Mara questions me.

"You think the man?" Louis meets my eyes. The worried expression on his face turned into an enraged one. I nod, with no expression on my face. I'm not scared of this man. He didn't do something to me but he could hurt somebody else. "I think it's just Ha..." he stops talking the same moment the rumbling stops. It gets quiet again.

"I'll go have a look," Louis declares while he almost leaps out of the room, closing the door behind him. He's a tiny man but although I wouldn't want to fight with him. His mad attitude seems dangerous if someone hurts one of his loved ones. Mara turns her head to me waiting for a confirmation to go after Louis.

"Now go, have a look after him," I send her a big grin. She pulls herself up from the floor and strides to the door. Louis can defend himself but I know how Mara is. Grabbing the door handle and presses it down slowly but nothing happens. She's standing there like a frozen statue.

"What?" I ask her. She has to press it down, why isn't she doing it properly?

"It's not working," Mara stutters.

"What do you mean it's not working?" my gaze is doubtful. She presses down the handle over and over again but nothing happens. I stand up, doing it carefully otherwise with my wobbling legs I could easily fall again. As I'm standing back up tall and stable in a way as good as possible, I press the door handle down and determine that it's not working. The door won't open. "We're locked in," I state.

"We need a code," she says.

"Huh?" What is she talking about what code?

"Don't you see that the door only can be opened with a code?" She stands aside so I have a full view towards the door and the digital number lock. "We'll not find the code, Mara. Maybe he did it by mistake." She starts looking around in the room. There's a couch and chairs on the opposite side, some trumpets, violins and guitars but no code. "We can't do something to open this door. Do you wanna hear a song I wrote instead?" We exchange glances.

"You already wrote one?" Mara asks me with big eyes, she couldn't believe what I just said.

"Yes I did but I didn't tell you. I was scared and insecure about it but I think now is the right time to."

"Of course I wanna hear it!" Mara says full of enthusiasm. I nod and walk over to the instruments, grab a black guitar with some stickers on it and take a seat on the sofa. Mara has made herself comfortable on the armchair opposite me as I start playing.

But you'll never be alone

I'll be with you from dusk till dawn