NINE

SECOND UPDATE!!!

Genna Evans

"It was great to sing for you Amsterdam! We'll see us soon! Thanks for having me!" I thank all the fans and walk off the stage. The minute I'm off stage, the adrenaline fades and my old numb feeling returns. An employee walks up to me and I give him all the electric stuff I needed to have on stage. I have slowly understood how everything works. I continue walking to my room to change. I push the door handle and there Harry sits, on my sofa. His eyes are pinned on my body.

"What?" I ask him, showing no emotion. It's really hot in here so I put them out of my face into a bun.

"You were different up there," he states, his eyes remain on me.

"Different?" I ask him back, confused by his question. Don't really get what he means by different.

"You enjoyed it more and you seemed more serene."

"So, it was better?"

"No, it wasn't really you," he stands up and walks over to me.

"You don't know me," I talk while I pack my things.

"You know that I know you," he's standing behind me telling me this over my shoulder, "What did you do?" I give no answer. He already knows what I did. He always does.

"You drank, didn't you?" Harry reproaches me. It's not a real question, he just realized. I nod and smile, being a little proud. I didn't drink much, just a bit to be a little less worried about stuff.

"Tell me next time," he says, placing a hand on my hip. I sigh because especially this spot hurts. "What?" he says suddenly, completely shocked.

"Can you please take your hand from this spot," I bet him very soft, don't wanna be rude, it just hurts.

"Are you hurt?"

"No, it's just an old wound," I reply to his question, do not want to draw attention to it.

"Let me see it," he insists to see my scars. I would do anything but showing him this.

"I'm okay, you don't have to-"

"Let me see this now!" he speaks louder and stricter. I know I can show him this because slowly we built trust. After London, where we laid in the meadow and opened up ourselves, something changed. We moved from town to town and travelled to different countries. I'm two weeks on tour now and we finally arrived in Amsterdam. My mother's hometown. The only chance I have to find her and I wanna spend time with Harry. So, I pull my trouser enough down for him to see the wounds.

"Are those-"

"Cigarette burns, yes."

Harry turns me around with putting both hands a little further up on my hips and squeezes very slightly to turn me towards him. He pays more attention than ever to where he can touch me and where not. All I can see in his eyes are worries and anger.

"Who did this?" Harry asks me, lifts me by the chin to stare into his green eyes.

"My ex-boyfriend used to do it every time he smoked one," I answer him, trying to be strong and not to break out in tears. "But it's okay, they're healing."

"It's not okay! Why didn't you- I should have known about it," he notes, as though he blames himself.

"No, no, how should you. Not even Mara knows. I don't talk about it," I try to calm him. Harry shouldn't guilt himself. He does not deserve that.

"I'm gonna beat this kid up, I promise," his anger shines through while he clenches his teeth, forming his hands into fists.

"You can't," I tell him, bow my head.