Chapter One

Busy Morning in Hell 

Reader's Pov: 

His fingertips glided across my skin, the soft touch tickled me awake. I stretched and let out a quiet yawn. I could hear his chuckle as he moved his attention to my stomach. My eyes found his as I turned to face him. It wasn't until I went to place a kiss on his head that I realized what day it was. My smile dropped immediately and I moved quickly out of bed, trying to get dressed as quick as possible. "Shit! You gotta go, Lizzie said she'd help me get ready for th-"  

"Too late. You and your boy toy are gross. You should probably get him out of here before my dad finds out" She called from the other side of the room, facing the wall thankfully.

 "Do you really have to do this stupid pageant? We could always hang out together instead." Clarke gave me a smile as I tossed him his clothes from my desk where they were thrown last night. 

"Yes, she has to do the pageant. Since I'm not in it anymore I'm helping Hope and your girlfrien- fuck buddy- whatever! I'm helping them both get out here and do something fun other than just mope around while you and Landon aren't with them." Lizzie moved to open the window. "You should go out the window, I seen Dorian hanging decorations and if he sees you, you're toast. Just go all the way around and come back in as an escort... if my dad lets you in." She didn't look at him but she definitely didn't sound happy. 

After getting his pants on, Clarke made his way to me. "Don't forget to wear a suit tonight, please." I reminded him as he kissed the side of my mouth. 
"I wouldn't dare. I'll see you at rehearsals " he gave me a wide smile and made his way out the window. 

 Lizzie shut the window closed with force, her energy changing now that he was gone. "Alright, it's go time. We have to get you ready and get to dance rehearsal." 

After a few minutes of hair and makeup courtesy of Lizzie Saltzman as well as her combing through my closet tossing "ugly" things to the side, we were finally done. She led me down to where rehearsals were being held, a clipboard in her hand. She was definitely feeding on the amount of control that came with it. 

I made my way to Clarke, a smile on his lips as I approached. "I thought you weren't gonna make it" he whispered as the judges guided us through the dance.

 "Honour your partner" the woman gestured and I locked eyes with Clarke as we bowed towards each other. We proceed to follow the woman's instructions, our hands moving towards each other but not touching.

 "Lizzie was picky with everything." I sighed, as we circled each other. "And she decided to lecture me about having you as an escort." Clarke faked a hurt expression. "Triad gets that you are the good guys. I even told Alaric that we could help each other." 

"Flirt with your eyes" 

"I get that, Alaric is just always paranoid. I'm sure you guys will get along sooner or later, same with Lizzie and everyone else." I gave him a reassuring nod and we switched hands. 

"I'm just glad we met before everyone else convinced you to hate me too"

"They don't hate you" I corrected as both of our hands went up. "They just...They haven't gotten to know you and tonight can change that" 

He went to hold me, our hands clasped together as we danced. "Or they could ruin it. Face it, as soon as Alaric finds out I'm here he's gonna have a fit. Speaking of, you should probably have a back up escort." 

"I don't need a back up. It doesn't matter what Alaric says, you are going out there with me and we are going to have a good time tonight." 

Eventually the dance was over and we bowed at each other again. "I think it's time to get dressed. Let's go get your dress on!" Lizzie showed up behind me and Clarke, making a shooing motion with her hand. "Go get dressed too" she added less enthusiastically.  

She grabbed my hand,  pulling me to my dorm room where she had laid out my dress. "Come on. Get dressed. Make sure you go in between Hope and Josie" She ordered as I changed. "You know, red is usually Hope's color." I gave her a look as I pulled the dress up and Lizzie zipped it closed. 

"I got hope a different dress

"I got hope a different dress." She moved my hair back gesturing to a pair of heels. "I'll go check on pretty boy. Make sure he's not up to anything nefarious." 

"Lizzie, I love you so much but please never call him that again and I already told you that he's not a bad guy. Just because Hope and your dad think every new thing is out for them doesn't mean he is." I rolled my eyes. "One, you met him at a bar. Two, he works for the people keeping Malivore. Third and finally, you guys aren't actually dating. You're just screwing and letting him on campus illegally. " she frowned.  

"You know what? I don't have time for this. I need some air." I moved out of the room on my own, heading outside, towards the back of the school. There were two people arguing but I couldn't tell what they were saying. I snuck closer and seen it was two women, one of them looked like MG's mother and the other looked like a student. All of a sudden the student's hair turned to snakes, and her eyes glowed purple. 

I watched in horror as MG's mom turned to stone, a gasp left my lips too quickly for me to stop it and the student turned her attention to me. I could feel myself harden, a look of shock cemented on my face.