Chapter Fourteen

Traitor 

(Y/N)'s POV: 

Hope's face was the first I seen, her hands on my cheeks to focus me on her. I was gasping for breath, it was like my body had completely stopped functioning. 
"(Y/N), I need you to take deep breaths and listen to me, okay?" Hope spoke softly. 
I nodded in response, following her orders and closing my eyes tightly to calm myself. 

Once I could breathe normally, I opened my eyes and Hope removed her hands. I searched the room for Clarke to find out what happened but he wasn't there. Instead Alaric was in the corner, watching me. 

"What happened? Wher-" 
"He's fine." Alaric assured me, not leaving the corner. I gave him a look of confusion. "That's not what I asked. If he was fine, he would be here. Instead, both you and Hope are watching me like some sort of wild animal. So, what happened?" 

"The cyclops hurt you pretty bad, bad enough that Clarke wasn't sure you would make it. We healed you with some of MG's blood but..." Hope trailed off. 

"Clarke killed you" Alaric stated, crossing his arms. 

"What?" I froze, my eyes moving to Hope in search of a trace that it was some sort of joke or lie. 

The door swung open before I could speak again and Lizzie walked in with a blood bag in her hand. I could smell it immediately. My eyes didn't leave the bag as she moved towards me with it. I felt hypnotized, watching it go into Hope's hand. She snapped in front of my face in an attempt to regain my attention. It only half way worked. "You're dead. I'm sorry but if you drink this, you'll complete your transition into a vampire." Alaric gestured to the bag, moving to Lizzie's side. 

"And if I don't?" I asked tearing my eyes away to meet his. 

"You'll die if you don't drink human blood in 24 hours" Hope answered, handing the bag to me. 

It took everything in me not to rip into it. I instead swallowed hard, climbing out of bed and making my way towards the door. "What are you doing?" Lizzie moved to stop me. 

"I'm going to find Clarke or I'm gonna stumble around until I wake up from this elaborate nightmare." I groaned, opening the door. 

Lizzie easily stopped me, trying to pull me back inside. "(Y/N), listen to me. He killed you. I don't need to hear why or how to know that he doesn't deserve another chance." she pleaded with me, moving to make me face her. She placed her hands on my shoulders when I went to protest. "I can't sit here and watch him hurt you anymore. It's too much to ask. You're my best friend and not only did he hurt you, he hurt Josie. It's not fair to keep giving him a free pass to hurt people. He's obviously incapable of doing good. I know I can't stop you but please just...do the right thing" She let me go and took a step back. 

It hurt to hear what she had to say but maybe it was the truth? I hesitated leaving but I knew I needed to hear his side. I needed to know why. 

I made my way to the cells, knowing that if they thought he killed me then that's where he would be. 

I opened the door, walking towards the cell where he was being kept. MG and Clarke were talking when I came in, but it was quiet when I came into view. Milton looked at me apologetically, moving out of the room.