Chapter Three

Bedroom Teasing 

Reader's Pov: 

Unfortunately Landon started to ramble as Clarke moved a table towards us. "I'm not here to interrogate you Landon" He shook his head. "Then why are we here? Gonna throw us in the pit?"

He ignored me and went on. "I'm here to give you some answers" He moved, undoing Landon's binds and then turned towards me. "Maybe I should keep yours on..." He smiled. "Enough of the bedroom teasing. Untie me." I glared at him as he moved back towards the table, leaving me bound. I started to search for a way out but it was difficult to do anything while I was stuck in this chair. I was only half listening to Clarke as he spoke about artifacts and Malivore evidently trying to get Landon to help him. "To be clear, I want to toss them into the pit and unlock Malivore." He stared down at Landon, waiting for his reaction. "Wow. Uh...Thanks for being honest. That's refreshing. But now I'm really not going to help you" 

"I'll tell you a story" Clarke started, as if a story would change his mind.

 "A fucking story? Ryan Clarke, I swear to God if you don't let me out of this chair right fucking now-" 

"It's the story of your father" Clarke continued, not seeming bothered by my interruptions. As Clarke rambled on I continued to struggle my way out of the ropes. Thankfully almost free. He sat there, telling the story of The Eater of the Dark. He spoke of the triad, dragons, the human's that set him free and the creations Malivore made. Landon would stop him every once in a while and insert some comically funny joke or comment.

 It wasn't until Clarke started speaking about Landon that I realized it sounded like the stories he would tell me about his father and his perfect brother. "You're a golem." I spoke up from the chair, my hands balled into fists. "This entire time I thought your father was just a normal human asshole but he's actually THE biggest asshole and he just happens to be the one trying to kill me and my friends?" I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"I want to know the truth. I'm not leaving until then" Landon's eyes were on me. He knew I was trying to get out of the ropes and I knew he was begging me not to do anything drastic until he knew everything. 

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "Fine, go on. Then It's my turn to ask questions" I could see the smirk on Clarke's face growing. He moved to pick up a painting, handing it to Landon. He went on with the story, talking about his father tossing him to the side. Something the two of us had in common, that he was now using to connect with Landon. It was working. He eventually moved to the pit, crouching down to stare at it as he spoke. "His name is..."

"Malivore" Landon finished his sentence, standing beside him. It would've been so easy to just push Clarke in and forget about this whole thing but Landon didn't.  

It felt like forever before Clarke, back in a chair, finally told Landon to make a decision. "Will you help me?" 

"Hell no" I interrupted, still bound to the chair.

 "You want to save your friends? You have to stop triad. Landon, no matter what they say. You're not one of them. I'm offering a family that wants you"

"What about Hope?" I asked, thinking about the one person that meant the most to him. "Hope lied to me, okay?" Landon snapped and I went silent. I had never seen him angry but at the mere mention of her, he went off. 

"Landon, we can raise our father and we can destroy Triad. What's it gonna be?" Clarke stared at Landon. I could see him shaking, he knew his answer all ready but he was fighting with it. He hesitantly pointed to the picture of a chalice. "This one" 

"Landon, no..." my voice was quiet but Clarke was close enough to hear it. His eyes met mine and I could see a small smile come to his lips. It was a scary look. A devilish one. 

He moved quickly after that, gagging me again and moving me out of the chair. He held onto the ropes on my wrists, dragging me through a pipe with Landon. 

It was an hour or so before we got to our destination. An old warehouse. Landon opened the door, closing it behind us and Clarke took my gag off. "Sit tight while we do a few things okay?" he pushed me to the ground and I landed on my back, pain shooting through my hands as they hit the concrete ground. 

"This place is a dump. How are we ever gonna find the Chalice?"Landon sighed and Clarke smiled. "Figure it out, little brother. Your family is counting on you" 

Landon walked off, looking around the place.

Clarke crouched down, helping me sit up. "Don't touch me" I hissed at him and he chuckled. "It's amazing to me just how easy it was to get close to you. It makes me wonder if you're just that starved for attention?" 

"Oh, fuck off" I shook my head and he got closer in response. I could feel his breath against my face as he stared at me. "At least I never really lied. I imagine if we had actually started dating that this would have felt a whole lot worse for you." 

"Yeah, It would've but thankfully even if we had it wouldn't have counted. You're not a real man. You're nothing but a mud monster. Malivore's pottery project gone wrong" 

He looked hurt at my response but in the petty back and forth we completely forgot about Landon. He cleared his throat and I realized just how close our faces were. We both moved away from each other quickly, Clarke stood and I kicked myself backwards.

 He approached Landon, taking the cup from his hands and examining it. I felt my heart drop as the cup crashed on the ground, breaking into pieces. "So much for an indestructible artifact huh? This was simply a test to see if you were really on my side. I just wanted to see how far you'd go" 

I felt a weight on my stomach lift, I was relieved that Landon wasn't actually going to help him. 

"I, however, know that these artifacts call to you. You can't help but take them, whether you know it or not" He smirked, gesturing to Landon's pocket. "So, check your pocket and we'll see if I'm right" He smiled. Landon lowered his hand into his pocket, pulling out a small dagger. Clarke turned his head towards me, smiling happily.

 "Now, we wait"