Chapter Nine

Burning Bridges 

Reader's Pov :

My eyes darted open quickly, Raf was on the ground but Landon was nowhere to be seen. I needed to take a breath, It felt like I had just been decked in the face. I could remember everything. There was no time to track Hope down however, Landon obviously needed my help.  I headed back towards the woods, following the drag marks from what I assume was Landon getting dragged away. 

Once I finally found him, he was with Hope and MG. I watched as Landon walked away, my attention moving to Hope. I used my magic to push Hope against a tree forcefully. "You are a heartless bitch" I glared, but MG moved in front of me. "(Y/N) don't." he warned. "Clarke didn't kill me. He had so many chances but he didn't" I kept her restrained against the tree. "You got out and now he stuck there. Do you know how much he hates his father? How much he was scared of him? He could've help us, he just..." I slowly put down my arm and she fell down to the ground. I wanted to believe I could've convinced him to be on our side but that wasn't guaranteed. We should've tried though.  

 "I'm sorry but he lied to us. We couldn't trust him." She started walking towards me. "Funny, sounds exactly like you" I took a step back, my eyes glancing to MG. He was giving me a sad look. I think he understood. I started walking away, following Landon back towards the school. I was looking forward to just decompress in my room but when I opened the door I found that it wasn't empty.  Noah was waiting for me, sitting on my bed. I sighed, he was the last person I wanted to see right now. 

"Hey, I was worried about you. I heard there was a zombie and a croatoan. I heard you and Lizzie were attacked" he moved towards me, pulling me into his arms. I held my hands out in front of me to stop him. "Noah...Something brought back everyone's memories. I remember everything." I could feel the stinging feeling in my eyes signaling tears. "I know who the guy was now and I'm dealing with a lot of different emotions." I couldn't even look at him in the eyes. I moved onto my bed, sitting down and hugging my stomach. 

"Talk to me about it, it might help" he offered, sitting beside me. 

"His name was Ryan Clarke. He was a golem created by Malivore. We met outside the Mystic Tap, I was supposed to be watching out for Dr. Saltzman. Lizzie and Josie both thought their dad was becoming an alcoholic but they were both too busy to watch him theirselves. I had to stand outside because they wouldn't let me in. I was so cold and I was trying to stay hidden but Clarke found me. He made some joke about the weather and it made me laugh even though it was cheesy. I think him and Landon have that in common...had." I blinked, letting the tears fall. I could hardly see Noah's face because they blocked my vision. 

"We ended up staying out there for a couple of hours before I snuck him inside the school with me. I thought he was human. We fooled around a lot but I made sure to keep the fact I was a witch hidden. It was just nice, having someone normal around to make me forget about the monsters chasing Landon or hurting my friends." I shrugged, pulling my legs to my chest.

 "We would talk about his father, about how scared he was of him and how desperate he was to please him. He told me about his perfect brother that his father treasured. I told him about my parents. About my screwed up family and my fucked up life... The night of the Miss mystic falls pageant he was going to be my date but I was turned to stone by a gorgon. After I got free I tracked him down. Turns out he worked for Triad and was only using me to steal from the school." 

Noah looked at me confused. "But?" he questioned and I let out a quick laugh. 

"But he saved my life and even though he had several opportunities to kill me...he didn't. I think he even went out of his way to make sure I didn't get hurt" I rolled my eyes thinking about how dumb that must've sounded to Noah.

 "I was there before Hope and Clarke jumped. The way he looked at me...I begged Hope not to jump but she said she was doing everyone a favor. She meant taking him with her. I don't know how she got out but I do know that she left him there." I met Noah's eyes.

 "He wasn't a bad person. He was just scared. I remember feeling exactly like that but I had my friends to help me. He didn't have anyone except me but I think I met him too late. I think I really cared about him but I was scared to label anything because that meant I could lose it. I ended up losing it anyway so it didn't really matter." I stood, grabbing a tissue and cleaning the tears from my face. 

"I'm really sorry. I thought remembering him would help but it made it worse and I can't do this anymore. I can't be with you, not since I know he's still alive." 

Noah sighed, looking down at his ring. He then moved towards me, a hand moving to my cheek. "I understand. I hope you find him one day" he nodded and placed a soft kiss on my lips before leaving. 

I stood frozen, more tears falling from my face. There was no way I could get Clarke out of Malivore and everyone else was just trying to close the portal, not save the people trapped inside of it.  I knew that no one else would be on my side since everyone hated Clarke. They didn't know about his past or how he truly felt about his father. Even if they did, they didn't trust him. It was up to me to free him and convince him to help us destroy Malivore. I was scared what I would have to do if I couldn't.