Chapter Seven

You Are What You Eat

Clarke's Pov: 

The vortex closed with a loud bang, echoing throughout the void. I was stuck here, abandoned by Hope and forgotten by (Y/N). I continued to wander, reflecting on everything that lead me here, thinking about how Hope must be back with her friends...with (Y/N). I had a good thing and fucked it up. Even if I did just stay with her, how long before my father was released and hunted me down anyway? 

"What do you want from me, Father? Because I literally cannot suffer anymore. And...Make no mistake, you did make me, so...please give me one final chance to serve you" My voice trembled as I stared up at the black abyss. "Send me back. Send me back and I will be what you always wanted. I'll be the bad guy. I'll make you proud. You need me. I will destroy the only thing that can destroy you. I will destroy Hope Mikaelson." The vortex opened, a smile coming to my lips. Hope took everything I had left from me...now I'll take everything from her. 

Reader's Pov: 

The summer was over, unfortunately. My roommate was back so late night talks in the dorm wasn't going to happen anytime soon but we still had the docks and the basement when it wasn't housing someone trying to kill us or destroy the school. Landon and I had become really popular for taking down Malivore. Strangers all of a sudden wanted our autographs and pictures. It was crazy. 

The school gathered as the assembly started as usual. I sat beside Noah, his hand moving on top of mine. He gave me a smile, our attention moving to the new Headmaster. He went on about supernaturals and our power to change the world. He moved up to the front, his eyes meeting mine before quickly moving on. "I would like to award our Salvatore Medal of Freedom to the students who single-handedly defeated Malivore. Landon Kirby and (Y/N) (Y/L/N). He smiled, watching the two of us raise from our seats and move towards him. He went to Landon first, placing the medal over his head. He then did the same to me, hesitantly. 

After all of the cheering and clapping stopped, the assembly was over. Noah approached me, flicking the medal with his finger. "That thing is huge" he chuckled, taking my hand into his as we walked away. We headed from class to class, sometimes together and sometimes I was with Josie, Lizzie, or Landon. Thankfully I was never alone. 

Last class of the day I had with Noah, we had already compared our schedules ahead of time just to see. Noah didn't show. I sat in class wondering where he could've gone as Dorian taught a bland lesson. 

Clarke's Pov:

It was agonizing to pretend to be this pompous asshole but even more agonizing was watching that boy Noah be with (Y/N) and not being able to do anything about it. I couldn't stop myself after watching him kiss her after class. I wanted to do that again. I wanted to see her laugh and smile at me like she used to. It would be easy to just be both Noah and Vardemus. To live out what I could with (Y/N) without her ever knowing it was me. Noah would just disappear one day after I was done wreaking havoc. 

Noah was easy to get alone, a little harder to devour since he was a wolf and trying to fight back but lucky for me as headmaster I could get something to stop him from using his abilities. After cleaning up the mess, I simply used my illusion ring to take on his form before returning to the school.

 I entered the class, making my way to the empty seat beside (Y/N). She gave me a look of concern as I sat down. "Sorry, Headmaster Vardemus wanted to speak with me" I tried to be vague as Dorian questioned me.

We were quiet throughout the rest of the class. Afterwards (Y/N) wanted to go out to the docks and enjoy the sunset, I happily agreed. 

We sat on the old wood, her head resting on my shoulder. "You know, I think we should have an actual date. Josie was talking about her and Landon going to a sushi place today to have theirs and It made me realize that we haven't gone on a date yet." She moved her head to look up at me. "We don't even have to go anywhere official. A picnic out here or at the old mill could be nice" She smiled, her lips moving to mine to give me a quick peck on the lips.

"Of course, we can go and do whatever you want." I moved my hand to her cheek, stroking it softly before kissing her again. I wanted to feel her lips against mine as long as I could. I started my plan tomorrow with Josie and if things went wrong...I wanted to remember this. A part of me was a little upset that she moved on to someone else but I couldn't be mad. She didn't know who I was anymore. 

"What's with you today?" she laughed. "You've been all touchy since you got back from talking to the headmaster" 

"He told me that he wants me working on something special so I won't be with you all the time anymore." I sighed. I needed to lie to come up with a reason Noah wouldn't be with her while Vardemus was around. 

She sat up, turning towards me. "Wait, he can't do that. You have classes and we promised that we would hang out after" she frowned as I moved to kiss her head. "And we will, I just might be a little late sometimes" I gently took her by the chin and moved her to look up at me. "The work I'll be doing is to help the school. I won't let it interfere with us" I promised moving to pull her into another hug.

 "Promise?" 

"Promise."