Chapter Three

I'm nervous. Should I text him? No, that would be too soon. I should wait. I keep checking my phone anxiously. It's only been a day since we last spoke. But the anticipation of his text is making the work day go by so slow. Relax I tell myself. He'll text or call. Don' be that girl. Just then I look down at my phone. A message...It's Sam.

Drinks? Billiards? Gossip? Tonight???? Or do you have a date with Prince Charming tonight?

I reply

No. I haven't heard from him yet today. But yeah I'm in! Say 7?

Sam instantly replies

Oh well. His loss. Yeah 7 is good. Meet you there.

I was hoping he would text me by now. I guess I got too excited too soon. But I really thought we had a connection. The day continues to drag on and I run into Josie.

"Hey how was coffee?" She says with a smug smile.

"It was good." I shrug not wanting to let her know how excited I was just in case it doesn't work out.

"That's it?? Come on!" She say in dismay.

"Well we talked for 3 hrs and I really thought we had a connection. But..."

"But?" She says quizzically.

"But I haven't heard from him today." I sulk.

"So, that doesn't mean anything sweetie. In my day we had to wait 3-5 days for a boy to call us back. I wouldn't worry about it." She assures me.

She's right I'm being crazy. I need to relax and just concentrate on work. On the plus side I get to hang out with Sam tonight. He'll text eventually. I don't need to stress about this.

It's the end of the work day and I'm heading home to get cleaned up before heading out tonight. I jump in the shower and let the warm water cleanse me from the day I've had. The water feels so good relaxing me from all the stress I was carrying.

I get back to my room and check my phone while drying my hair. I have a message.

Hey! I hope you had a good day today. What are you up to?

Relief comes over me. It's Liam.

Hey! It was good. How was yours? I'm actually about to head out to hang out with some friends.

Good! Sounds fun. Actually me and a bunch of the guys from work are going out. But I wanted to see if I can take you out to dinner this Friday. If you don't have plans.

No I don't have plans. Where were you thinking of?

Not sure. Know any good places?

Do you like Ramen?

Yeah!

I know a good place downtown.

Ok that sounds good. Can I come pick you up?

Yeah. Ill text you the details on Friday.

Alright :-) See you then!

My heart swoons. We've made it to the second date. And for the first time I'm hopeful. Maybe this is where my life is heading. But then the overwhelming thought crosses my mind. He is eventually going back to Ireland. So if this does work out... I don't even want to think about that right now. I'll cross that bridge if we ever get there.

"Dahlia Sam's here!" My mom yells from downstairs.

"You can send him up!" I holler back.

I can hear Sam's heavy feet stomp up the stairs.