Chapter Eighteen

I wake up cradled in Liam's arms. I can feel his soft breath on the back of my neck.

"Good morning love." He says softly.
I turn around to face him. "Good morning." I say back kissing him.

Each kiss more profound than the next. He stops and clears his throat. I take his face in my hands and look deep into his eyes and whisper "Trust me. Okay?"
He nods. My lip runs down his ear into his neck and back again to his lips. I can hear a small groan come from the back of his mouth. He positions himself on top of me grinding his hips into mine. His hands gently moving up my thighs pushing my night gown higher and higher. I can feel my body start to heat up as his lips travel around my body. My eyes rolling to the back of my head as he starts kissing the inside of my thighs. He moves slowly to the most sensitive spot on my body right before he makes his move we hear a knock at the door.
"For christ's sake!" He screams as he lifts his head up.
I can't help but laugh.
"Oh you think this is funny?" He smiles. "I'll show you funny!" He says as he tosses me around while I am hysterically laughing.Pure joy washes over me. We hear another knock forgetting about the first initial knock.
"Come in." Liam says putting the comforter back on top of us.

Two women enter our bedroom. One with a tray of coffee and the other one with her hands clasped. They are wear what it looks like a modern day maid uniforms in royal blue.
"Sorry to wake you but we've brought you your morning coffee. We should introduce ourselves. I am the queens lady in waiting Clara and this is the queens maid Shuana."
"Hello." She bows.
"Oh you don't need to do that." I say.
"But you are our queen." Shuana says confused.
"Well not yet." I correct Shuana.
"Ah but soon miss." Clara corrects me. "We have a busy day today.Where shall I set this? Would you prefer in the sitting room to the balcony?" Shunana asks.
Liam and I both look at each other.
"Balcony!" We say at the same time.

Shunana makes her way to the balcony and starts pouring our coffee. Shuana has my robe in her hands and signals me with it to get out of bed. She puts on my silk blue robe and ties it. Liam just laughs to himself. "What's so funny sir?" Clara asks.

"All of it Clara. I'm sorry. Please forgive me we're still getting use to all of this." He apologizes.
"It's ok sir. Can I get your robe for you."
"Oh no I'm not a robe kinda guy. I'm just fine like this thank-you." He says pulling himself out of bed dressed in a white t-shirt and plaid pajama bottoms.

"Suit yourself. We'll leave you to your coffee. I shall return for Miss Fern in an hour or so."
"Thank-you Clara" I say making my way to the balcony.

Liam hands me my cup of coffee while I take a seat next to him on the balcony.

"Wow! Look at the grounds. You really couldn't see them last night." Shall we go explore them today?" He asks.

"Defiantly!" I say sipping my coffee.
"Once we're done with our 'royal duties'." He laughs wrapping his arms around my waste.

"So, what are your plans today?"
"Well, we have to meet with the council. Me first anyway. I'm sure they will want to talk to the both of us at one point."

Then I suddenly realize. The reality that awaits me. I look up at Liam.
"And we have to tell our families. I probably have a ton of messages from Finn."
"Yeah that..." He says with dread in his voice."Things are about to get more complicated before the get better huh?"
"Sure is! My mother is going to be the worst."

He grabs my hand and looks at me with sympathy. He knows that telling my mother is going to be the worst. She didn't want this life for me and here I am having coffee on my castle balcony that was served to me by maids.
"We'll get thought this my love." He assures me putting his arm over my shoulder. I lean into him feeling the weight of the world on me and all that is to come.