Chapter Thirteen

The next day I act as if nothing happened. It's so hard keeping myself composed. I'm so anxious I can't sit still. Constantly shaking my foot.I still haven't reached out to Liam. But he sure has reached out to me. I left my messages unread for the time being. He's acting frantic now. He knows something is up. I can't hold off for long. I head back to Finn's house. I promise my aunt and uncle I will do my best and play this smart. Finn is concerned. He asks what I'll do. I'm not even sure yet. He assures me that he's going to try to play it cool with Liam till I figure this out. As soon as we get back I hop into the shower to think.

So much going through my mind.I look down at my birthmark and run my finger over it. As a kid I would always try to make shapes out of it. I saw a heart with three spikes. But now knowing what I know now, I wasn't imagining it. My mark was a small heart with a crown on top. Over the years the shape has gotten smaller but I still see this brown bump sticking out of my skin. I am to be a queen to one of the most powerful kings. What is so wrong with that? I know with more power comes more enemies as my uncle says. Maybe it is a bad thing. Or maybe I could do good with it and turn this all around. I have to correct this. There has to be a reason Conner and Elizabeth are re-born. I remember the dreams I had of Conner and Elizabeth. Are they her memories? Am I remembering my former life? I get out of the shower and wipe the mirror. I can't help but see a different person looking back at me. I draw a crown on top of my head in the fog on the mirror. Doesn't look half bad. But can I carry the weight? Is this who I am meant to be?

I finally text Liam to meet up. He agrees to pick me up at Finn's house. I can see the worry running over Finn's face. I assure him I know what I'm doing and to trust me.I see Liam's car pull up to Finn's driveway.Before I turn the knob to go I stop and look at Finn. 

"Finn, whatever happens I swear it's all for the greater good." 

He nods at me with acceptance. I head out to Liam's car. I am instantly nervous.

"There's my girl." He says opening the door for me.
"Thanks."
"So do you feel better today? I was really worried about you when you weren't responding to my messages."
"Sorry. I over slept today. I really needed the sleep. I feel better today. I had a much needed heart to heart with my aunt and uncle." 

"Oh yeah what did they say?" He says intrigued.

"Oh just telling me stories of my dad."
"Any information on what your Aunt Tess was going to tell you? Or why your mom moved you to America."
"No not really." I lie.
"You sure?" He says raising one eyebrow.
The thought comes to me. As my soulmate does he already know and he's just playing along?
"Yeah that's all. Anyway where are we going?"
"I wanted to take you somewhere special."
"Oh yeah? And where's that?"
"You'll see."

We drive up a long, winding country road. All dirt. Forrest all around us. No houses or buildings in site. He stops at the end of the road and parks the car.
"Ok get out." He directs me.
"Ok it's just woods."
"Follow me." He says as he gestures me to grab his hand.
"If I knew we were going hiking I would have worn better shoes!" I joke with him.
"We're not. Just going for a walk." He assures me.
"Okay better not be far." I take his hand trusting that he leading me somewhere safe. 

We walk for what seems like a half hour. Going through paths cut through the tree and  I start seeing clearing, there's a lake at the end. I can't help but to worry what is going to happen next. He has me out in the middle of nowhere. If anything happens...

"Well..." He says
"Well?" I ask confused.
"We're here." He gestures at the lake.
"It's beautiful." I say staring straight at the lake.
"Dahlia, I want you to know I will always be honest with you. But I need you to be honest with me in return, Okay?"
"Yeah." I say knowing he knows.
"They told you about me didn't they?" He asks.
"Yes." Iook away from Liam.