Chapter Seven

It's Sunday. The day I get to meet Liam's grandmother for the first time. I'm a little nervous. I pick out my navy polka dot calf length skirt and white blouse. I need to look appropriate and sweet. I wanna make a good impression with his grandmother because I know how much she means to him. I rush out the door to swing by the floral shop to grab some Lillies for her. Max is there solo today.

"Wow look at you!" Max says in disbelief looking me up and down.

"You meet a guy and now you actually look like a girl."

"Oh stop! You got the goods for me or what?" Reaching out my hands.

"Yup right here! White lilies as requested. It's nice you bring him flowers." He says joking.

"It's not for him. It's for his grandma."

"Ooohhh big step! Meeting the grandmother. So, when's the wedding?"

I give him my normal "Just stop it." Eye roll.

"Have fun! Fill me into tomorrow?"

"Sure Max." I say over my shoulder walking out the door.

I head over to Liam's. I nervously shake. I knew I shouldn't have had that second cup of coffee. As soon as I park I see him waiting for me in the parking lot of the apartments. He approaches my car and opens the door for me. He notices the flowers on the passenger seat.

"Oh nice you got the flowers. She'll love these as always. Are you nervous?" I pick up the flowers and get out of the car. He wraps his hand around the small of my back escorting me to his car. He opens the passenger door for me in true gentleman form. I climb in and adjust myself.

"Yeah a little. I just really want her to like me." I say while I fiddle with my seatbelt.

Liam leans over and fixes the seatbelt for me.

"Here I got it. Don't worry she'll love you. You two have more in common than you know." He winks.

"Oh yeah? What else besides the being dreamers."

"Well she's also named after a flower." He laughs.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, her name is Rose." He chuckles. "I seem to be drawn to women with flowers for names."

We get to the home and as soon as we are in the building this moth ball smell hits my nose. We check in at the front and continue down the hall. All the nurses seem to know Liam very well. He says hello to them by name. One even stops him and asks him if this is the girl. To which he tells her yes. I makes me glow and I grab his arm as a blush paints my cheeks pink. He's been talking about me to everyone.

"This is her." He points to a room.

He opens the door and my nerves peak.

"There's my lady!" He says with excitement in his voice.

I peek my head in after Liam and see this old frail woman with short silver hair. She is so small. No taller than 5 foot. She's sitting in a recliner knitting what looks like a hat. Rocking back and fourth.

He kneels down and they hug tightly as if they hadn't seen each other in ages.

"Gran this is Dahlia the girl I've been telling you about." He gestures to me to come into the room more.

"Hello." I say shyly with a timid wave.

"Elizabeth?" She looks me up and down.

Who the hell is Elizabeth?? Liam never mentioned an Elizabeth. Even in his past relationships.