18

double update. will proofread later! sorry in advance for the mistakes.

-

THIRD PERSON POV

After the introduction, there was a welcome speech from their English professor and the principal of the school. Y/N fidgeted her fingers that were laying on her lap. She was still lost in her thoughts but still tried to respond to her friends.

The people at her table talked and gushed about each others' outfits. She tried to get along as much as possible, just to distract herself from her feelings. The crowd got quiet when it was announced that the cotillion will come next after the welcome remarks.

Y/N felt nervous again, wiping her sweaty palms on the handkerchief she brought with her. She didn't know Megumi was looking at her, worriedly looking at her form. He didn't speak nor ask so she won't get embarrassed that he saw how nervous she was. She was never the type to show her emotions freely, so seeing her like this was rare to him.

'Why would she be nervous? She's good at dancing. Better than anyone else here.' he thought, and looked away from her.

All the performers stood quietly, going to their position for the dance as soon as their English Professor signalled them to get in position.

She squeezed Megumi's hand, making him look at her. He surveyed her face, looking for a sign of nervousness, but she masked her emotions with a poker face. He smiled at that, to which Y/N smiled back.

The familiar tune played, so they all walked gracefully to the center, with their hands on their partner's. It went on smoothly, she noticed how serious everyone was, their postures never altering.

She faced Megumi, with his hand on her waist, touching her like he was scared to do so, while her hand holding his other one. They fixed their gazes on each other, feeling the rhythm as they danced.

The song matched Megumi's feelings as he stared at Y/N's eyes. Her hair was styled and held back by little flower hair pins. She didn't look like she was struggling, obviously because she was a dancer. He was in awe at how she still guided him calmly throughout the first part of their dance.

She looked beautiful... she was the star of the night for him. Her e/c eyes shined through the light that was spotted on them, feeling her eyes on him that made him more nervous like he was earlier. She didn't know that everything about her affects him so much, in a good way.

It felt like they were the only ones dancing on the floor. He never liked to dance, nor was he good at it. But with her, it felt easy, like he was great at dancing because of her.

He snapped out of his daze when it was their turn to change partners. Part of him was sad that this was probably the last time he'll hold her like this, dance with her like this... so as much as possible, he treasured this moment of them and imprinted everything on his mind.

'She'll come back to me, after this. And that's probably the last time I'll be able to hold her.' he gulped, letting go of her hand. His gaze was still fixed on her as she danced with another partner. He forced himself to look away to not get noticed, swaying along with his new partner.

She guided every guy she danced with, and she can feel their eyes silently thanking her. She was glad everything was going smoothly.