45

You finally went to the workshop that Mai has been constantly texting you about. You've been busy with work recently, but now you finally made time to go, even if you're already a week late. The girls didn't seem to mind, since they were all anticipating for you to come. Mai was so happy to see you that she even bought you food. It's a good thing that she understood you need to work so you can help your friend pay for the hospital bills.

Since you didn't have many friends, it was kinda hard for you to socialize with people you're not close with. For the past few weeks, the people you've only interacted with was mostly just Gojo, Megumi, Nobara and Yuji. Your mom, too, of course. Surprisingly, you warmed up to the team since they weren't too hard to bond with. They would try to converse with you without you trying hard, and you were glad at that.

You missed dancing. You missed this feeling, and you definitely missed being this confident with your body.

While on a break, Mai sat beside you, drinking her purified water. You let out a breath, a smile making its way to your face. "I missed this."

Mai turned to you, "What?"

"Dancing." you watched some of the girls trying to do a dance on tiktok from a distance.

She hummed. "Well, it's a good thing we do workshops like this every summer." she winks, drinking from her bottle again. She's so pretty that you know men couldn't handle her even if they try. 

The smile on your face never left. She was so nice, and you wanted to ask her about Maki, but decided not to. She'd probably ask why you're asking about your twin and Nobara clearly told you to be quiet about her thing with Maki now, and you weren't going to break her trust. She likes it lowkey, and you respect that.

The time's finally up, so you stand up, not before Mai asked you a question. "Are you and Gojo a thing?"

You bite your lower lip. There's no point in hiding it now. You didn't mind her question, since you know she was just genuinely curious, not prying. Gojo posted a pic of both of you on his story on Instagram and it made you scream on the inside. You figured he's the type of guy who flexes his girl, and you were right—he wasn't ashamed of you. He made sure to give you the assurance you needed, which was a bare minimum, but hey, you never experienced this before.

"Yeah."

She nodded at that, staring straight ahead. Her smile faded, placing her hand on your shoulder, like she was comforting you. "I didn't really take him to be the kind of guy who would want a relationship, to be honest. It's surprising to hear that he's finally getting serious now." you know she didn't mean to make you feel doubtful, so you just smiled at that, not saying anything.

Gojo will always have that image and you needed to accept that. Not everyone here knows him like you do.

"His last relationship didn't end well. You know... with Tucker."

You wanted to tell her that they weren't together but you didn't want to sound bitter. Brittany is irrelevant to you and Gojo's life now. So you chuckled, "Yeah well, he's changed now." I think.

In an hour or so, your shirt was drenched in your sweat, along with the rest of the team. They all looked exhausted when the workshop ended, so you all hit the shower to freshen up. Your phone was full of texts from Gojo, Nobara and Yuji. None from Megumi.

You clicked Yuji's first, and saw that he sent you a picture of a puppy that was brought by his co-worker to work today. 'a bullyy!!!!' he says. You smiled at the picture of a cute American bully and replied to him, then clicked Nobara's. 'i'm omw to josie's. wru at?' 

Nobara just got home from her aunt's since she wanted to bond with you and the others. She won't be staying longer since she's going to help her aunt until the end of summer. It's sad that you don't have plans for the beach this summer because of what happened to Tsumiki. Every summer, you and your friends go to the nearby beach and even go to some parties held by the Juniors at your university. Your boring summer is always fun when you're with them.