48

"He did... what?!"

You avoided eye contact, eyes still on the screen that no one paid attention to. She was seething, you can feel it. Smoke coming out of her nose, but you still 'focused' on the movie that was playing to avoid confrontation. 

She shifted beside you, and from the corner of your eye, you knew that her gaze was burning a hole on the side of your head. Nobara was glaring at you. And I deserve that.

You sighed deeply. She scoffed, "I didn't believe it at first, because I put a little trust on him and I believed that he wouldn't do that to you." she shakes her head in disappointment, then pointed at her phone. "But then, everyone was posting a video of you and Brittany fighting, and Gojo was in your arms looking wasted." you cringed at that. The video was spread all over social media, posted by the kids at the campus. People who get off on live action college drama. Two college girls fighting over a guy. A dumb ass headline.

More reason to stay off of my phone for a while.

She continued with a frown, "I was so confused to see you carrying Gojo like he couldn't walk by himself. Then Brittany saying about Gojo being a junkie and shit. I'm mad that I didn't even know you were at a party." then she sighed. "I was so worried that I had to call you, but you weren't answering your phone." she shakes her head in disappointment. 

You decided to give her a side glance. She pinched the bridge of her nose, as if calming herself down. "Was catching him with another girl not enough reason to let go of him? What the fuck, Y/N?" you flinched at her tone then clenched your hands into fists.

"I don't know." you whispered, and it's the truth. 

Your friend wasn't having it, so she turned her body to you and saw pity in her eyes. "Don't look at me like that." you say, then averted your gaze.

"Like what?"

"Like you pity me!" you snapped then pressed your lips together, regretting what you did. The look on her face made you feel pathetic. You didn't like that. You didn't like how you snapped at your friend either. You heard her exhale loudly.

"Y/N, Gojo cheated on you." hearing her say it was ten times worse than seeing it. "You've seen it firsthand. I don't want to dictate you in this relationship with him, but... don't you think seeing it with your eyes was enough to just... leave him there?"

Now she was crossing her arms over her chest, but you still avoided eye contact. "Instead, you did the EXACT opposite. You brought him to your house, took care of him... then what? You're back to cuddling with him when he says 'sorry'? Just a 'sorry'?"

She threw her hands in the air. "He cheated on you. Three times, Y/N. Three times." then she added, "Yeah, he admitted that he cheated, but it's because he got caught. What if you didn't catch him exchanging saliva with another girl? How would you know that it didn't happen more than three times?"

You sighed. Her words hurt, but it was the truth. Three times were way too many, and it didn't matter if it happened even when you're not official with him. The fact that he cheated, while he kissed you, held you, was enough for you to take your time away from him. You needed to hear this, even though it hurts like hell. That's why you stayed here for a while to clear your mind off of him. Nobara was a straightforward person, and that's what you needed right now. To wake the hell up.

"I know you love him, Y/N." she softly says. "You're into deep, and I can't blame you for that." your eyes were now on your lap. "I understand, Y/N, I really do. But what he's doing?" she grabbed your shoulders, making you face her. Her eyebrows were furrowed, "That's not love. What you have is a destructive relationship. It's toxic." her expression hardened.