33

TW: Body Shaming

-

It has been hours since you left Megumi at the hallway. You're now by yourself, trying to process everything.

You can't deal with this right now... but you should. Megumi is your bestfriend. He's been there for years now, and to think that there are feelings involved in those years, it honestly bewildered you. You don't know how to act around him after what he said to you.

"I'm fine with being your friend. I won't force you to reciprocate my feelings for you, but I can't let you get hurt again."

His words remained inside your head. You know he has no idea what happened with the last boy you've been with. He was there, but Nobara was the only one who knew the whole details. Megumi was always so quiet whenever he's around. Megumi doesn't talk nor interact with you whenever he's with you.

But you never put a meaning to his cold treatment. You just think he's not used to being around people that aren't his friends. Now, you know the reason why he acted that way.

Does it mean... this is the second heart break he's experienced because of me?

The first guy you've been with wasn't really someone you're proud of. Aiden, a senior in your highschool before, was the easygoing kid. He doesn't play sports, but likes going out, especially to parties. He was the definition of an outgoing person.

At first, you weren't the type to like cocky, loud guys. But unfortunately, he was able to make you drawn to him. (Sounds familiar, huh.) He would always pursue you and you would give in eventually. He was so hard to resist.

The thing with him went on for months. Being with him eventually made you feel butterflies in your stomach. Your mom kinda knew a guy was making you happy that time, but you never told her who it was. And you're glad you didn't because it wouldn't be worth it.

He would bring you to places you never knew existed and would invite you to parties. He loved adventures and he loved taking you with him. You and your friends would often come, thus, getting used to drinking alcohol at parties.

You even confessed your feelings for him, and he said the same. He said you were the only one who made him feel loved. You believed him, and gave your whole trust to him. You didn't know those words were a lie whem prom came.

Aiden asked you to prom and you happily accepted; you wouldn't miss it for the world. You were so excited that the next day, you and your mom bought the perfect prom dress to wear. The smile never left your face because for once, you feel validated. You felt pretty because a guy finally asked you out, which you never really dreamt of, but came unexpectedly.

You craved for his validation. Whenever he would see you, you wanted to look pretty in his eyes. He would acknowledge your look, and it would make you feel good about yourself. It was your low self-esteem that ruined everything for you, so it was a big deal to be validated by someone you care for.

Prom came. You were all smiles, ready to see him at the door in a few minutes. Your mom just finished doing your hair, putting on your pearl hairclip. The girl in the mirror was unrecognizable. She looked dreamy, like she was made for this promenade. The 17-year-old Y/N that stood in front of the mirror looked so different tonight.

Five minutes left until he shows up at your door, so you waited patiently at your room, all glamed up. Your friends were excited as well, except Megumi, because you know there will be a party after the ball. You feel so giddy knowing you'll see him in a few minutes, and can't wait for his reaction when he sees you.