◜3◝

[IZUKU]
___

I was hooked up to all these machines yet I still died, I guess I didn't fail at that at least. There was some kind of breathing thing on top of my nose and mouth, well that didn't keep me alive, did it? My arms were in casts and my legs were hung up in the air, also cemented. I bet I broke a lot of stuff, this hospital bill was certainly going to be pricey.

My head was bandaged to the point where my hair couldn't be seen, there were probably more parts that were bandaged but weren't visible. I felt a bit creeped out at the sight of my own body, it definitely wasn't something I thought I'd ever see.

I reached a hand out and caressed my body's cheek, it felt so weird to do so but I was curious. A shiver ran down my spine and I quickly pulled my hand away, I was freezing cold.

Yup, I was really dead. I sighed, not in sadness or disappointment but confusion. I still wasn't sure what was going on at the moment, but I had some sort of theory after recollecting information.

I tried to suicide but instead woke up in a hospital, I fall through the bed and see my dead body where I supposedly woke up. First thing that came to mind was, 'Am I a ghost?' I walked over to a nearby wall and poked my head through, I was able to see the other room.

I could walk through things now, cool. I was just about to leave and explore when the door bursts open, my mother and some nurses rushed in. Wait, mom? Why was she here?

"His monitor i-it flatlined! C-Can you resuscitate him?! I-Is he going to be okay?!" She frantically asked with tears in her eyes as the nurses rushed over to my body, one replied to her. "I can't promise anything but we'll definitely try, ma'am."

The whole situation made my confusion return once more, not because of what they were doing but because of my mother. Was she playing pretend again? Why does she actually look like she cares?

She always acted like she cared but this was too far, she actually put me in a hospital. She actually got my injuries treated instead of letting me die, was this another part of her facade? She wouldn't go this far, ever. I raised a brow at her concern, it was certainly suspicious of her to act like this.

I continued to watch as two nurses tampered with the monitors and the other began doing chest compressions on me. He was pushing pretty deep but, luckily, I couldn't feel a thing. I continued to watch, my mother seemed to be praying with her hands together as the nurses tried to bring me back to life.

Was she actually serious? Were the tears genuine for once? I'd never know, but seeing her cry because of me made me feel really weird. I mean, she's cried about me but in those situations she was pitying herself. Not me. But this time, she was crying because I was literally dead. It was different, the feeling was different too, but I can't quite explain it. So I won't.

They continued to try and alive me for about two minutes, and, thankfully, it didn't work. "Ma'am, I am so, so sorry but..he's gone." The same nurse said to her, a guilty look in her eyes. My mother began crying again, she dropped down on her knees, her hands still together with her fingers intertwined.

She didn't say a word, she was still praying, I think? "We'll leave you to this, ma'am." A male nurse said before the three left, leaving only me, her, and my dead body in the room. They turned off the heart monitor so that annoying ass beeping was gone, I couldn't thank them enough.

"Izuku I am so..so sorry for everything I've done to you. Please just come back to me..please..." She pleaded, her voice shaky and her eyes teary. Her cries surprised me, the fact that she begged astonished me even more.

My mouth hung agape at her state, she was sorry? Really? This wasn't all an elaborate scheme she planned to gain sympathy and attention? I continued to stare at her and my body, was this even real? I shook myself out of those thoughts, this was probably real.