◜5◝

[ARISU]
___

I left the rooftop and went back down the stairs to my classroom, the atmosphere hadn't changed at all; it was still as chaotic and noisy as ever. I winced at the sounds of chairs toppling over and students shouting.

I silently walked to my seat and placed my lunchbox back in my bag, but, clearly, I wasn't quiet enough cause my seatmate managed to notice me. "Murakami-chan? Where did you go?"

"I went to rooftop to escape all the ruckus, haha." I replied with a light but awkward laugh, hoping I wouldn't offend her by saying that. She was one of the people screaming after all, but she got offended anyway.

She scoffed, "You're so sensitive, we were just having fun!"

'How is laughing about a dead child fun?' I thought to myself as I refrained from rolling my eyes, "I guess everyone has their own definition of fun." I told her and she rolled her eyes at the statement.

"Whatever."

***

The school day continued, the afternoon wasn't as dreadful as the morning since it was full of somewhat bearable subjects. Except for history, I swear my eyelids were heavier during that period.

The end of class finally came, but there were still clubs. Which was alright since I picked a club that I actually enjoyed, it was the book club! Not only did I get to stay in the air-conditioned library but their book selection wasn't too bad either.

I get called a nerd but whatever, it's worth what it's worth. As I walked to the library I saw the Midoriya-kun standing by a window in the hallway. He seemed to be...staring into the sky with a bored look? Weird.

Before I could walk past him, he noticed me. "Oh, hey, Arisu-san." He greeted me, I silently replied with a small wave. If I said something it'd look like I was talking to a window.

He started to follow me to the library, "Where're you going? Clubs?" I subtly nodded before gesturing to the book in my hands. "Ohh, you're a part of the book club?"

I nodded again, his lips curved into a smile. "Lucky! I've always wanted to join that club but it was always full." He laughed, I smiled slightly. He continued to talk as he followed me to the library, I only responded with subtle movements so people wouldn't call me weird.

"Why don't you just talk? People know you can speak to the dead, right?"

'Yeah, they do, but they know that I've never seen a single ghost in my life.' I whispered, they knew I could see and talk to ghosts but if I told them about Midoriya-kun I bet they'd make a nasty rumor about it.

They always make rumors about everything and anything, and everyone just believes it for whatever reason. I've known from the start that information that comes out of any of their mouths are lies they created to stir up drama, and they don't even have a real reason for doing it!

It's what "fun" is to them, apparently.

"Ohh, so you don't want them to find out you can see me?" I responded by nodding, 'I'll answer all your questions when we're at the library.' I whispered again, he gave me a thumbs up and stayed quiet.

We arrived at the library and a cold breeze hit my face the moment I entered, I love air-conditioners. "Okay children, go explore and read any book you'd like. Just remember to keep it down, alright?" My club mates nodded before scattering into the different sections, I stood up and did the same.