◜16◝

"So far we got light beams, purple flame, and healing." I listed all our successful tries. "Those are really cool powers!" I exclaimed happily. These powers would be great for a hero! If only we were alive...but it's still pretty cool to have them! I started subconsciously murmuring off about the new abilities we discovered.

"Actually, I wanna try something." Tatsuo interrupted my subconscious murmuring as he stood up from his sitting position. He stood a few meters away from a broken stove and shot spikes at it. Denting and stabbing the stove in the places the spikes were aimed at. But the spikes came from his tail...?

"Wait..what?" I asked in confusion. Did he shoot spikes from his tail or am I hallucinating?? I did that thing people did in movies where they looked back and forth between 2 things in confusion, I looked at Tatsuo and the dented stove in awe and confusion. "Aha! My theory worked!" Tatsuo exclaimed in triumph. "You knew that would work??" I asked. "It was a guess, but I was right! I can shoot spikes from my tail." He replied.

How could he even piece that together, I never would've thought of that. His tail has a spiky end..maybe that's how he thought of it? I don't know how he thought of that, but it's a wicked power!

"That's so cool!! It's amazing how you even thought of that." I told him. "Thanks, I didn't think it would actually work, to be honest." He replied.

Test 6: hawks
If you don't know, pro-hero hawks can use their wings' feathers to attack like how Tatsuo used his tail to launch spikes. When I saw Tatsuo launch those spikes I got the idea to test out the feather thing, I let Tatsuo go first.

An unsuccessful attempt, sadly. So I stood up and gave it a try as well. My wings didn't dissolve into feathers either. Another fail.

× - hawks/fierce wings

We tested a couple other things afterward, most were pretty disappointing and unsuccessful. BUT, one was successful. I could, in fact, grab my halo and play ring toss with it. I could also use it as a a weapon to throw at enemies since it somehow worked like a boomerang. But most importantly, I could use it as a ring to play ring toss on Tatsuo's horns or tail. I played a few rounds and a couple times it hit Tatsuo's face because of my horrible aim, it did not seem like he enjoyed playing ring toss. I'm just surprised he even agreed to it.

But after that, we decided to practice the ones that were successful. I couldn't practice healing unless we purposely hurt each other/ourselves which I didn't want, so instead, we did target practice. Launching light beams and purple flames to the piles of junk.

There's a lot I've noticed about the light beams, they're really bright because obviously they're made of light. I can shoot them from my fingertips too so I can make finger light beam guns which is pretty cool. But actually something important, I've noticed the light beams easily absorb energy. My theory is it runs on energy, if I have no energy then the light beams will not function and cannot be powered.

So, I've resorted to doing the finger gun light beam things for practice because that conserves energy more. But, although it conserves energy, I was getting pretty tired.

"I'm getting a bit tired..can we go now?" I said before sleepily yawning. "Sure, the sun is about to rise anyway so we gotta go." Tatsuo said. He led the way back to the house, I was too exhausted to use my brain to navigate.

We made it to the house, after checking the clock it was a quarter to 5. It's a good thing the sun hadn't risen yet, or else I'd get sunburn. Although I'm not sure if we can even get sunburn cause we're technically dead, but ya never know.

Ari's parents were in the house once again, this time they were both on the couch watching some early morning news. I didn't know that there was news at 5 am, but then again I'm never awake at that time and I don't watch the news so what do I know. Tatsuo took a good look at her parents, since he's never seen them before, and said, "Ari's parents really look nothing like her.."

"I mean, she is adopted so she doesn't have any of their traits biologically." I replied. "Yeah, that's true." He agreed. We walked by the living room and went upstairs to stay in Ari's room. She was probably still sleeping by this time, so we decided to go somewhere else instead. In the house, there was a TV room upstairs called an audio room. It's just a room with a couch and a TV, so we decided to hang there.

Tatsuo stayed there while I went downstairs to grab my yellow backpack from the powder room. I quietly opened the cabinet, took it out, and ran back upstairs. Hoping that Ari's parents didn't see me with a floating backpack. Once I arrived at the audio room I saw Tatsuo watching some action movie. The volume was lowered so that Ari's parents wouldn't hear it from downstairs.

I sat beside him and set down my yellow backpack, I noticed some red spots on his hands, looked a lot like burns. "Hey, are those burns on your hands?" I asked him. "Yeah..it just hurts a little. It's probably because of the fire quirk or something."

"Here, let me heal those." I said. I grabbed his hands and it flashed green again, and the burns went away immediately. And so did my energy.

I passed out immediately out of exhaustion.

~

Hello

Hope you enjoyed the chapter <3

(Just gonna promote my other book again on my acc pls check it out tyty)