3

Nikhil

It’s been one week since we went to Shivani’s house. And since then mom is arguing with me to say yes to this marriage.

“Mom, I’m not a teenager. I’m old enough to select the woman I want to spend my life with. Moreover, she isn’t my type. She is too innocent for me.”

“I’m fed up of hearing that she isn’t your type. What’s your type Mr Nikhil Malhotra? That girl whose mom insulted you. Listen to me, I won’t accept anyone as my daughter-in-law except Vani and it’s my final decision.”

“Mom she won’t be happy with me. She needs someone who can love her wholeheartedly who can pamper her and I won’t able to do that extent.”

“Why are thinking like this son?” Dad asked me.

“Because I have seen the innocence, the craving for a pure love in her eyes. And I don’t think I can give her that dad. You know how aggressive I become when I get angry.”

“Then try to control your anger it’s not good for your health. And come to the loving someone it’ll directly come from your heart not from mind like you’re calculating that you won’t be able to love her like she wants or deserve. You’ll love her automatically when your heart and soul connect with her. And even I haven’t meet her yet after hearing from your mom, I think she is the right one for you. Think again son.” “One more thing never doubt your capabilities. You have the power in you to love someone and It’s normal to have doubts about what comes next or worrying even if anything will.”

“You won. Tell them it’s a yes from my side. If they say yes then I want to happen this in next week or no marriage at all. I’m going back to Dubai with or without a bride. So, it’s up to you how to prepare for marriage in a week.” I left the hall. I entered my room and punch on the wall.

Again, they managed to manipulate me by their speech. Since my childhood they have been doing this. I wanted to be a singer but no they gave me an ultimatum. I have to do a job where I could earn to live a life.
Because of their ultimatums I become like this, an arrogant, heartless guy. Because of them I started to have doubt on myself, my capability to love someone.

Leave about me, they didn’t even spare my Naina di. Thanks to god my brother-in-law is great, she is happy with him and now blessed with a baby boy.

It’s not liked their decision over us is wrong, I know whatever they did or doing for us is for our good wellbeing, for a better future. I’m saying is that their way of doing is wrong. And I hate them for it. It’s not like I won’t marry, I’ll definitely marry one day but what’s this? ‘I won’t accept anyone as my daughter-in-law except Vani.’ This type of talk risen my temperature.

*****

Shivani

I didn’t feel any bad vibes from him and whatever we talked that day I felt really comfortable with him. In one simple sentence out of 100% I find him 80% genuine person, 15% straight forward and 5% arrogant.

Well arrogant because, who says ‘What if I say no to this marriage?’ and he argued with me on this. So, I find him a slight arrogant person. But I can deal with it.

My parent liked him and said Yes from their side.

Mom and dad said “If you two were together, you’d definitely make a stunning pair.”