21

Shivani

Time flies.

Today we completed Six months of our marriage. Our marriage, which happened within one week.

After two days it’s Nikhil’s birthday. I’m sad that I won’t be there with him to celebrate his first birthday after our marriage.

Nikhil video called me and wished in a sweetest way that I had never imagined in my life.

He was sitting on a chair and wished ‘Happy six-month Anniversary my dear wifey, we just completed half year, it would be a year in next six months, we have many more years to go and grow with each other. I love you; I love you to the moon and back and then he took a guitar and started to sing ‘Tu jo Mila’ I was surprised and shocked because I never knew that he sings so good. Well, good would be an understatement he is brilliant. His voice is heart touching. And I literally cried when he sang “kyunki… tu…Dhadkan… Main Dil…” I was speechless. Still I’m because I didn’t have a slightest idea that Nikhil can sing. He never told me. Well no one in the home told me about it. By hearing his voice anyone can tell that he learned it practice it from years. Why didn’t he tell me? Well leave it. It’s a special day and even he didn’t mention it earlier he surprised me today.

I didn’t have class today. I went to meet my supervisor to uni. On the way to Uni, I visited lord Ganesh temple, I thank the lord Ganesh for everything and took blessing from him.

It’s been a bit that I haven’t visited my parents. I got so busy with my works that I forget about it completely. I feel like I’m a bad daughter. They raised me so well sacrificing many important things in their life only for me. Mom nearly dropped her career to raise me, thanks to God and dad because he didn’t let it to happen. And now I’m not giving them my time, my attention. I’m going to visit them soon.

Wait! I’ve got an idea. Why don’t I invite them to have dinner with us today? It’s a good day to celebrate though Nikhil isn’t here. Again, it reminds me that I’m a bad wife too. I’ll try to be there with him on our one-year anniversary.

I called them and gave my invitation to my home. And they said yes! They won’t say no to their one and only child. I called mom and dad to inform that I invited my parents. They are happy after hearing that and mom already started to plan the menu for tonight with Sheena.

And coming back to the university, ma’am gave me a really good news or you can say opportunity. There is a seminar and workshop in Japan, organised by the universities of South-east Asian countries and ma’am thinks that it would be a great opportunity for me to achieve another milestone before completing my Ph.D. She really hopes me to accept the offer because it is related to my research work.

She said, “I feel guilty that I’m not able to help you to do your works but I’m doing whatever I can do or in my reach and would be best for you. And I think it is a great opportunity for you in your educational career which will surely help you in your future career life. It is an international seminar Shivani think about it and let me know so that I can arrange and inform my friend. You don’t have to worry about anything, she will arrange everything there. And I’ll manage everything here. This is all I can help from my side.” I never went to attend an international seminar or workshop. Like ma’am said it is a great opportunity for me. I need to finalised about it soon because it is after one and half month later. If I go, I have to apply for Visa also. About staying there one of ma’am’s friend is there who informed ma’am about the seminar, she will help me there. Ah! I forget to tell for how many days I would be there. It’s for a week. Three days for seminar and three days for workshop and one day for closing ceremony and celebration.