17

Shivani

(Mumbai)

“Have you guys thought about baby?” Mom asked me out of nowhere. I wasn't expecting this question this soon from my mother-in-law. Don't know what to say because we have never thought or discussed about it. Yeah! in Paris Nikhil joked about not having protection but I know he didn't want to make it rush thinking I wasn't comfortable.

Other than that, we never discussed about baby. We just got married moreover it was not a love marriage. It was an arranged one. I need time. We need time.

No doubt we fell for each other but we're still on the phase of knowing each other better. And I want time to make our bond stronger before planning a baby. Yeah! planning. I know a baby can't plan, though everything is in our hands without God we are nothing. So, I think we should welcome a baby when we’ll be ready mentally. And yeah! financially also.

“Vani I just asked casually. Don't need to stress about it. It's up to you and Nikhil. We aren't going to pressurised you to have a baby now. In an arranged marriage we know you need time to know your partner. So, no hurry.” Mom said with a smile. I smiled back showing her that I understand her point of view. Mom went to her room.

“Yes, mom is absolutely correct. Even we didn't rush. We had this little munchkin after 4 and half years of our marriage. Right AJ?” this time Naina di said. Naina di, her husband Ajay bro and little Ryan is here.

“Yes, spending quality time to understand each other is very important. Don't hurry on this matter. But if you both are ready then we'll be happy to welcome a new family member. Our munchkin would be happier to have a partner to play. Right, baby?” Ajay bro asked our little adorable munchkin Ryan and you won’t believe he cooed in response. I’m thankful to God to give me such an understanding family.

“Don't tease her AJ.” Naina di glared at Ajay bro.

“What! I'm just saying. I don't think Nick could be able to wait that longer.” He gave her knowing obvious shrugged.

“AJ!”

“Don't AJ me Jaan. You wait and watch. I’m sure he isn’t able to concentrate on his works. He will be here soon missing his wife.” he is surely missing me but won’t come home that easily. Because there is something going on between him and mom and dad. It seems cold war to me. Nikhil calls daily like a good son does and talk with them but there is missing something from his side i.e. emotion. I haven’t asked him about it.  When he would think I should know about it I believe he’ll surely let me know.

“As if. You know how serious he is about his works.” Naina di told. Yeah! he is serious when it comes to his works. And recently their company got a big project so I don’t think he would be free to think about me.

“You forgot after marriage everyone change. If you want, we can make a bet.” Bet! Are they serious?

“Ok, Nick won't come.” Yes! they both are serious.

“Nick will.” And both are determined.

“What will I get if I win?” Bro whispered something that only Naina di can hear. And you know what, Naina di is blushing. Oh! after spending time with Nikhil, I can sense something even though I don't know what exact it is. Damn! I'm missing him. Sorry Naina di but I want AJ bro to win.

******

“You were sleeping?”

“No, I was reading. You had your dinner?” I’m reading now because I didn’t even read a line the whole day. You know why? It’s because I couldn’t get enough of our little munchkin Ryan. You won’t believe how cute he is!! I just want to bite his chubby cheeks and eat his nose. Do you feel the same when you meet babies? Or I’m the only one weirdo here?