C͟H̸A⃠P̺͆T͎E̶R̸ 10

"Well buddy, sounds like you're in love." Angel Dust grinned. "Who would've thunk?"

"I don't think that's it, Angel... There's no way." I looked at him skeptically. "You're absolutely sure it's not the plague?"

"Look toots." Angel chuckled. "I've watched enough romance movie shit with Nifty to know what love is, and you, my good sir, are quite deep in it." He poked my nose, laughing.  We were currently sitting in my room, trying to make sure no one else heard about my current situation. I was sitting in a chair while Angel sat on the foot of the bed. We were close enough to make physical contact, but not a lot.

"Do that again, and I will kill you." I shoved Angel's hand off my face.

"And what, send me to double hell? Anyways, ya need to tell the lucky demon how ya feel!"

I looked at my shoes for a moment. "It's not a demon..."

"Naw... Is it an actual Angel?!" Angel looked at me in awe. "A Romeo and Juliet romance! Forbidden from seeing each other because of their status..." Angel Dust laughed.

"I'm afraid it's not that either, my arachnid friend..."

"Ha! A human?! Good one, Alastor!" Angel doubled over laughing.

"..."

"Oh shit... ya weren't joking, were ya?" The spider demon looked at me, worried. "Alastor... ya know those relationships aren't allowed down here."

"I know!" I let my head fall into my hands. "That's why I was hoping it was just a virus." I leaned back, running my gloved hands through my hair.

"Forbidden or not, Al, ya need to tell her how ya feel otherwise it will eat away at ya soul and leave ya for dead." Angel stood up and strode to the door, his long black boots tapping as he walked.

"Again, I know... Just, how am I supposed to since I'm supposed to murder her?"

"That's your problem, toots." Angel opened the door and began to leave before turning his head. "Oh, and good luck, buddy." He walked out and shut the door behind himself.

"Thanks..." I sighed as he left, letting my head fall once more.

How in Satan am I going to tell her? Or more importantly, how am I going to get away with not killing her? She let me stay with her for a few days and she was incredibly polite the whole time. Also, she mentioned she's a Lord of Memes so I'll need to figure out, is I am to kill her, what that is. My train of thoughts cane to an abrupt stop as I heard my staff fall off my desk.

"Hmm?" I looked to the staff, confused. Suddenly it flew into my hand, moving on its own. Before I knew what was happening, my staff had finished making the Portal Pentagram and I was falling through it. The darkness enveloped me as usual, making it very difficult to see.

Why is it taking so long? Oh, I guess multiple demons are using the Portele-Waves right now. I looked at my staff which was currently being held in my hand tightly. The only time that it had ever done something like this, was when one of my associates was about to be killed by a rampaging psycho by the name of Toby. I killed the random demon,  but still, my microphone-staff never acted up like this...

I sat in silence as I descended deeper into the darkness, finally falling out into a dark living room.

"Al?"