ᗢ﹒O1

"okay, and ontop of the base layer, we're going to add the blend brush and-" sage paused, her pen no longer on her drawing tablet

"okay, and ontop of the base layer, we're going to add the blend brush and-" sage paused, her pen no longer on her drawing tablet. she gasped and looked down on her phone, it was a twitter dm from tommyinnit.
"i just remembered i have a project to do.. sorry guys, i love you all a ton, sage out!" she ended her stream and ran out of her room with her phone,

"GEORGE!!" she screamed, bursting through his door. george was sat by his desk on a discord vc, sage couldn't exactly see who with but she was too excited to care.
"what on earth, are you okay?" he looks up at sage, genuine worry on his face.
"tommyinnit dmed me! ON TWITTER!!" she pants for breath, and hears a distant loud teenage laugh from his speakers, realising who he was in the vc with.
"dude! why didn't you mute your mic! its not like im happy, just surprised." she groans, rolling her eyes. george laughs and mutes it, turning to her again.
"thats great sage, what'd he ask?"
"he wanted to pay for a commission, to draw him."
george grins and gives two thumbs up, "go for it! you'll get alot of recognition if you take it up."
"but you just embarrassed the hell out of me! you need to tell me if you're in a vc!"
"it's just a lifetime of tommy reminding you about that, not too bad sage."
she whined and walked away, closing the door behind her. sage walked back into her room, she took a sip of her coke and sat down, opening her phone again.
she stared at the twitter dm, soon convincing herself to open it fully.

'HELLO SAGE. THIS IS BIG MAN TOMMY, I AM FRIENDS WITH YOUR BROTHER. HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO DRAW THE BIG MAN (me) ?!'

'hello big man that is friends with my brother. commission prices are here : https://sagenotfound/carrd.co '

'POG. i'll order the £10 one, what's your paypal?'

sage lets off a small grin, sending him her paypal, minutes later she gets a tenner off tommyinnit, and adds the commission on her top priority to do list.
she sets down her phone and opens up spotify on her computer, putting on her playlist and organising all of her art supplies.
after a good hour of getting carried away and cleaning her room, sage sat on her bed, the clock showed 11pm, yet she had college tomorrow. she went downstairs and poured a glass of chocy milk, downing it straight away. the girl washed up the little amount of dirty dishes and cutlery, then heading back up and dozing off quickly.
the brunette woke up to her alarm at around 8:15am, startled by the earliness. she slowly pushed herself out of bed and got dressed for the day.

"GOGS, I'M LEAVING!" she shouts upstairs, hearing a small and tired "have a good day!" replying back to her

sage set off towards the bus stop, she settled in her airpods and listened to her playlist again, her music taste was.. one of a kind to say the least. it varied from indie, to lofi, and even rock. by the time she reached the bus stop, it was still pretty early. sage decided to sit down and wait, scrolling through discord. suddenly, a red bubble was on her friends icon, she clicked on it and it was, to her surprise, tommyinnit.

she silently freaked out, he just requested her as a friend!
"miss, are you okay? you've gone.. pale."
sage flinched as an older woman rested a hand on her shoulder, she could distinguish a smile from the squinting of her eyes as she had a mask on. sage nodded.
"ah sorry miss! i'm okay."
the lady chuckled and slowly nodded, standing back up by the opposite side.

sage accepted his friend request, then the bus stopped infront of her. once she sat down, tommy dmed her,

'vc?'

'tommy i'm on the bus'

'and??'

'thats so embarrassing no'

'i dont understand women, also you should vote this chapter.'

sage shook her head , smiling to herself. wait. why is she smiling? she instantly turned her mouth neutral, then felt stupid because no one could see her underneath the mask.

after a long day of college, sage kicked her shoes off by the door and grabbed a coke and a yogurt. george was on the sofa, scrolling through his phone with the tv in the background, he turned to look at sage.
"good day?"
"yeah, it was tiring though."
"hey sage.. what do you think about coming on the dreamsmp for a video?"
"i guess i can, but wouldn't that interrupt the story?"
"its only for a separate video you dummy."
sage smiled, nodding her head.
"fine, but i have stuff to do first."
george agreed, letting the young girl go back upstairs and hang her bag up, as soon as she sat on her bed, she got a discord call from tommy, she accepted it after hesitating for a good ten seconds.

"yes, tommyinnit?"
"hello sage. i am asking how your day was."
"it was fine.. did george set you up for this?"
"possibly." tommy laughed, that familiar laugh as usual,
"well, i'll get started on the commission soon, i just need to get myself up first, and george wants me to record a video with him."
"okay, good luck sage, if you need any tips for streaming then text me."
she smiled, "of course, big man." and ended the call.

sage places her phone down beside her and flops backwards onto her bed, letting out a deep sigh of relief,

was this the start to a new actual career? well, she couldn't count on it, but it felt like a new flower blooming at the start of spring, following on by many, many more.