Chapter 18- Noticed?

Emma awoke to the smell of antiseptic and dirt, and in her opinion, it wasn't a good combo. She looked around, noticing the lab that she was in. The chair reminded her of a dentist office, with her hands tied down.

  She noticed the room wasn't white, but it was grey, probably making up for the brightness of the light in front of her eyes. Around two feet to her left, lied a table holding many tools. From simple needles to a bone saw, it was all there.

  In front of her was a big window, and she could see a man inside, watching her. Right next to the big window, made of bulletproof glass she assumed, was a door. It had a lock on it, but it seemed to be unlocked, probably because she was tied down.

  Once looking the room over, she worried. Were the Avengers going to find her? Chances are, they would, but she couldn't help but be overcome with worry. She was so worried that she didn't even notice the buzzing in her secret pocket, where she held her phone.

1 HOUR 46 MINUTES AGO, AVENGERS COMPOUND

"What do you mean she's gone?!" Natasha yelled over the phone.

"As in, zip, zero, zilch!" Tony exclaimed, "We don't know where she is."

Natasha sighed and rolled her eyes, "We're on our way back."

16 MINUTES AGO, AVENGERS COMPOUND

Natasha sat in thought, alone with Clint, "How about we get Tony to track her phone?"

Clint shakes his head, "Tony tried to hack in her phone before. Even when she isn't guarding it, no one can hack it."

Natasha, for once, bites her lip, "What if we try texting her?"

Clint scoffs, "Yeah, because if someone took her, they let her keep the phone."

"Its worth a shot, though, isn't it?" Natasha asked, grasping at straws.

He sighs, "I guess it could work."

7 MINUTES AGO, AVENGERS COMPOUND

"So... Emma's the one we've been texting?" Steve asks, confused.

Clint nods his head in agreement, "We had met her before. We knew she was someone everyone could get along with."

Bucky chuckles, "So that's why you guys all of a sudden thought about adopting a kid."

"And why are you telling us this now?" Tony asks, "Why not before when she was first taken?"

"Because Natasha thought that maybe we could text her." Clint says, not bothering to keep it a secret, "Even though she may not have her phone with her, probably kidnapped and all."

Natasha rolls her eyes, "It's worth a shot."

Rhodey

Kid, you there?

Bucky

Kid?

Sam

You okay?

Tony

Or did you just run away

Steve

Hey, kid?

Thor

Please answer

Natasha

ANSWER, FOR GODS SAKE

Peter

ANSWER YOU SONOFABITCH

Wanda

Please, little sis?

Vision

If you are unable to reach your phone, and or have been kidnapped, don't respond.

Clint

Cmon, kid.

Tony

And this is why you don't make it to where people can't track your phone.

Peter

Her phone is probably dead.

Natasha

Yeah. That has to be it.

Anonymous

I can help you find her.

Sam

You will?

Anonymous

Look, she can't die before she gets with Peter.

Anonymous

Now, it's up to you guys to find her in person, though.

Rhodey

Just tell us where she is.

Anonymous

The HYDRA base you guys were planning on infiltrating a week ago.

Clint

Thanks. It means a lot.

Anonymous

But, be careful.

Tony

Why?

Anonymous

She will not be the same when she comes out.

Anonymous

In more ways than one.