Chapter 53||| The Offer of a Lifetime

————
————
Third Person P.O.V
Location: Unknown
Time: Unknown

Shiro, Pidge and Matt were in a escape pod heading down to the planet's surface. As they landed and got out they all stood in front of the pod waiting.

"Are you sure this is the place?"
"This is the place."

"So, where's Zarkon?" Pidge asked as she looked up at the sky.

————
Flashback
————

"Dad?" Pidge looked at the screen with a shocked expression on her face.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH! WHY DO YOU STILL CARE ABOUT ME? I'M NO USE TO YOU!" Y/n yelled out an anger with his abilities activated.

"Bring me Lotor or Y/n and the prisoner is yours. Meet my demands if you want to see the Earthling alive." Zarkon then disconnected leaving the Paladins alone.

"He's alive! Our dad is alive, we have to get him back!"
"We're going to. What's the plan, Shiro?"

The entire team looked at him for a response.

"We can't rush into anything. We have to think this through."
"What's to think through? It's my dad! We're doing this!"

Pidge exclaimed, she was visibly angry and was glaring at everyone.

"We need to operate under the assumption that Zarkon will try to double cross us."
"He WILL double cross us! That man will do anything to take Voltron out, of course he'll double cross us! Voltron is the only huge threat standing in his way, this will always end up being a trap."

Y/n yelled out, he was terrified of going back and he knew how much this meant to Pidge, but his life was on the line so he had to fight for it.

"We have Voltron! We can do anything!"
"Pidge, think about this logically! Zarkon is not going down without a fight!"

Y/n looked down at her with an annoyance in his voice, they both weren't backing down as they continued to argue.

"I can't- WE can't let this opportunity slip away! We're too close! My father is too close! Y/n, you promised to help me find and get my father! You promised!"
"Yes but not like this!"

————

They all went down to have a discussion with Lotor about the entire thing.

"My father has held the universe in a death grip for millennia but now, he sees it slipping from his grasp because of your efforts and of mine. With our forces combined we would provide the greatest threat Zarkon has ever faced. He knows we could topple his empire, so this is his attempt to tear us apart. But together, we could forge a new path, open doors to new worlds and crush the tyrannical ways of an old regime."
"A regime you ran, a regime that tortured Y/n and many others. We can't listen to him! We just wants to save his skin so we throw Y/n under the bus."
"It's true, if you return me to my father he would surely see to my demise. And if you return Y/n, he'll most likely do something even worse. With his most legitimate threat to the throne removed, he'll only grow stronger."
"One less threat to Zarkon and one less threat to us."

Lotor moved his attention away from Pidge and turned to Allura.

"Your father, King Alfor, once stood side by side with Zarkon and protected the universe from any harm. There was no foe the Paladins of old couldn't defeat, sadly that fine of pease had been lost. But, together we can find and rebuild it once more. Imagine, a new generation that could life the mantle of peace. The children of King Alfor and Emperor Zarkon, you and I, a royal alliance between Altean and Galra—"
"How about we DON'T imagine that!"