Chapter 35||| Surviving the Balmera

Y/n's P.O.V
Location: Castle of Lions, ..... pm

I hugged Keith before he went inside Hunk's lion.

"Be careful, Keith. Everything will be okay."
"Thanks Y/n."

Keith said as he let go, I watched him and Hunk leave. I turned to Allura who gave Keith a weird stare, I sighed as I went to say goodbye to Lance.

———

I waved goodbye to Lance and walked up Pidge, "This base will most likely have the information on your brother so I recommend you going to main control room. We'll find him, don't worry." I claimed as Pidge looked at me and nodded, in her eyes I could tell that she seemed nervous but also excited.

I turned to Shiro and smiled, he returned the smile as we both hugged each other.

"You sure you're not gonna come?"
"I'm sure Shirogane, plus me and Galra bases don't go well together. Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone."

He chuckled as grabbed my hand, "I promise I won't, be careful. I'll see you soon, L/n." I nodded and chuckled, he let go of my hand and walked towards the Blue Lion. I watched them leave as I left the room and went towards the main control room.

———

Some time has passed since everyone left to their different missions, Allura and I just tried to keep ourselves distracted from the silence/boredom.

"It's always so quiet in the castle without the Paladins." I said while looking at the screens.

"Yeah, it's very odd. They always make the trips seem shorter with their strange conversations."

I chuckled and agreed, I turned to her and saw that she was sitting on her platform. I looked at the ground as Allura's mice ran to her, they were gonna cheer her up by playing some charades. Alina walked in as well, she sat down next to Allura playing charades as well.

I watched them play, but I kept my distance and stayed at my station. I looked at them and smiled and remembered my brother, Noah. Smiling I started to remember those days, I looked at my right arm and stared at the words, "Patient 1-2" that's the only part I was focused on.

I looked at Alina and Allura, and looked back down at the floor. "She's just like him, it's sometimes.....so uncanny. She even acts just like him at times, I-I should've done more to protect him..." I thought to myself, I slowly hugged myself as I turned back around facing away from them. I looked at the floor with a blank expression on my face, sighing I took a big deep breath and tried not to think about it.

"Yes! Hunk was right, these Earth road trip games do pass the time."

Alina giggled as a screen came up, it was the screen at Allura's station. It was Coran, he was just checking up on Allura.

"Hello Princess, Y/n, Alina. Are you all almost at the Balmera?"
"We're scheduled to arrive in a few doboshes. I hope we find a crystal big enough for the teluduv."
"Have you heard from the other Paladins?"
"I had contacted with Lance, Shiro and Pidge a little bit ago. They've found Slav."
"What about Hunk and Keith?"
"They still haven't said anything."
"I have no doubt that my scientific accurate instructional video was a great help."

We all sighed at Coran's comment as he smiled to himself.

"I'm sure it was." Is all I said as I leaned against the panel.

"If they collect enough scaultrie for all the lenses, will your teludav structure be complete?"
"It's nearly done. The Olkari and I have been working on it, day and night. It will be ready in time."
"I hope so."