Chapter 22||| The Blade of Marmora

Third Person P.O.V
Location: On the base of the Blade of Marmora, 5pm Earth time

Shiro, Keith, Pidge and Y/n were in the cockpit of the Blade of Marmora. They were talking about Zarkon and this organization.

"So you're saying that you have agents working within Zarkon's ranks?" Y/n crossed his arms and looked at Ulaz.

"Yes how do you think you all escaped from Zarkon's base during your last battle. Do you think the shield around Zarkon's command ship went down with no inside help? We've got people risking their lives for this war, just like all of you."
"If you people are in the inside, can you tell me where my family is? They were taken the same time Shiro was."
"I knew that others from Earth escaped, but I've never seen them. I do have some records of galra prisoners on this ship. I can transit them to your ship."

Pidge nodded and before thanking him Keith interrupted.

"What's that weapon you carry?"
"It's the ceremonial blade that each of our members carries."
"Hm, nice."

Y/n looked at Keith weirdly.

"That's all you sa-"

When an alarm started to sound throughout the ship, on the main screen there was footage of the crystal chunks. Outside was a galra ship heading towards the crystals.

"You all were tracked!"
"What us!?"

Everyone was in shock.

"If Zarkon knows we're here it's because you all ratted us out!"

The galra ship then opened and out came another beast that Zarkon made. It was flying towards the chunks probably knowing that behind it was the base of the Blade of Marmora.

"It's another beast! Robot! Ro-beast?"
"We have to go back!"

Shiro turned towards the door about to leave,

"Shiro, wait. I give you this, they are instructions on how to contact the Blade of Marmora headquarters. Before you go to it, find out how Zarkon is tracking you. If you do go without knowing how he is tracking you, it can destroy our whole underground network."

Shiro nodded as Ulaz gave him a purple and black usb of some kind.

——

"I knew he couldn't be trusted!"
"It wasn't like that Princess."
"Then ho-"

"There's no time for that! We gotta find out what this beast will do."

Everyone nodded as Shiro put his hand on his chin. "Paladins, get in to your lions but don't launch. We need to see what this beast wants. I don't want to risk fighting if we don't need to." They all got to the castle and left to their own lions ready to launch if needed.

Y/n went to the main control room with Allura, Coran and Alina.

"We should be safe if we just stay here." Everyone agreed with that statement but not wanting to jinx anything.

When the robot-beast got in front of the chunks the  beast opened its mouth and started to draw in the crystals. Y/n turned to Coran confused while Coran was sweating bullets.

"He's drawing in the xanthorium chunks?!"
"Shit..."

The beast then stopped for a few seconds when it sent out a blast in straight line causing tons of explosions, he then started to scan around the explosions and found the space pocket. He flew closer to the chunks and sent out another blast which directly hit the castle.

"Fuck! That was a direct hit."
"Put the particle barrier up!"

Y/n put the barrier up when the beast kept hitting the castle a few more times but stopped to draw in more chunks.