Chapter 60||| United in Grief

————
Y/n's POV
location: Castle of Lions
————

I gave Alina a tight hug as I watched Shiro's ship fly further away from the castle. I pulled away and got on my knees to look Alina eye to eye, I put my hands on her shoulders and said, "You're gonna stay here where it's safe, I'm gonna follow Shiro. I'm gonna bring him back to us, okay? Just stay here, I'll be back shortly." I kissed her forehead as I got up turning to leave when Alina stopped me.

"I wanna go with you! I can help, I promise I can help!"
"I can't put you in danger by taking you with me."
"Oh since when was that a problem? You've taken me on missions way more dangerous than this!"

I stayed silent knowing she was right, I looked outside and saw Voltron fighting for their lives.

"Y/n, can you read me?"
"Yes, Keith, what's going on?"
"I need you to follow, Shiro, discreetly. I think we can still get through to him, I know he's in there somewhere."
"You read my mind, copy that."

"Can I come? Please!" Alina insisted as she put her hands together and gave me sad puppy dog eyes, I laughed and had to agree.

We both ran to my old ship, I sat in the front and was getting it started. The hanger door opened and I launched as fast I could, I looked out and saw a wormhole open but not from the Castle of Lions. The wormhole was a dark purple color, Shiro and Lotor's ships entered the wormhole. Sighing I knew I was gonna regret this, I had made a few upgrades to my ship one of them being camouflage. I was able to camouflage my ship by turning it invisible, thanks to Pidge and the technology of the Olkarion.

At max speed, I entered into the wormhole, as the wormhole was slowly closing the Black Lion entered soon after. We were both greeted by a fleet of Galra, and without a moment to lose they started to shoot at Keith.

"Keith! Keith, can you hear me?"
"Y/n, you made it,-"
"You didn't think I'd let you have all the fun, besides I've come to help Shiro, I know he's in there, I can't leave him."
"Alright! Now, time to get to Shiro."

A Sincline ship, a ship Lotor and his team used had spotted Keith and started to make their way towards him to attack.

"Keith, go find Shiro, I'll do my best to get them off you!"
"Thank you, Y/n."

"Let's get to work, Alina," I said as I turned my head to look at her, she had a mischievous little grin on her face.

In the other room, there was a ladder that led down to a small room that controlled a machine gun that was attached to the bottom of the ship. Alina jumped down into the room and climbed in the seat, she grabbed the controls and started to shoot without letting go of the trigger.

I kept the camouflage on the ship as I attacked the Galra fleet trying to protect Keith. I took down a couple of Galra ships before Keith pointed out an Altean pod that started to fly away, Keith and I followed Shiro as he was heading away from the Galra ships.

We reached a planet on the outskirts of a galaxy, Keith and I landed our ships further away from where Shiro landed. Keith scanned footprints heading in a random direction.

I opened the hatch door to my ship and Keith greeted me as I opened the door, I grabbed my helmet and before putting my helmet on, Alina was behind me getting ready to go with us.

"Alina, I'm sorry, but you have to stay here. I'm sorry my child but I have no idea how dangerous Shiro might be, I-" I hesitated before speaking, I kneeled to her level and grabbed her hands, "I'm scared to lose you, I can't lose another person, I can't lose you too. So please for my sake stay here. Please. If anything happens you can come rescue us. Okay?" I spoke to her in a gentle and soft tone as she looked at me with tears in her eyes.