nine

"ten likes me doesnt he?" johnny asked, as taeyong sat on his table. it was lunch break and the two were in johnny's classroom like usual. taeyong's eyes widened, making johnny laugh, "no, i know that's weird, hear me out-"

"how are you gonna justify this-"

"i like ten, and i just wanna know if he likes me. for future reference, you know?" johnny chuckled, and taeyong's jaw remained wide open, "and i know you tell ten everything but-- please dont tell him this."

taeyong just laughed in shock, looking at johnny, amazed, "i mean, atleast you're honest."

"what's that supposed to mean?!"

"nothing, nothing," taeyong smiled sweetly, "and, i dont think it'd be great of me to tell you if ten likes you or not, but i'll let you know, if i were to tell you, you'd like the answer."

"awesome, thank you." johnny smiled, sipping his coffee fondly.

-

ten walked into his classroom the next day to see a cookie and a note on his desk. the cookie was the regular white chocolate, no surprise there. he picked up the note and it read:

ten!
date? :)
- cookie man

he chuckled, picking up the cookie and putting it into his bag. he took the note, folded it up and placed it inside his phonecase. he wasn't expecting this, but he wasn't mad. he couldnt stop smiling as he left his classroom.

he walked past johnny's english classroom happily, peering through the window and shooting the man a thumbs up. johnny just laughed with a nod and a loving smile.

"who are you looking at?" chenle asked, the rest of the class did their work quietly. johnny just scoffed, shaking his head.

"no one, get on with your work, chenle." he smiled, ruffling the boy's hair gently.

---------

"you look really nice.." johnny smiled, holding ten's hand as they walked down the street. the date wasnt formal. they just wanted to spend time together, however johnny was still fascinated and amazed by ten's appearance. this boy looked like an angel in his eyes.

"thank you, you look nice too!" the younger replied, as the wind made his hair fly into his face, "a-ah-"

"cute~" johnny watched as ten scrunched up his nose at the wind.

"it's not cute, i cant see!" ten whined, as johnny stroked his hand gently, "i hate you."

"you're such a liar," johnny smirked, turning around the corner into the restaurant. it wasnt too fancy of a  restaurant, but it was fancy enough for the two to call it a date, "feeling okay?"

ten felt his heart skip a beat. the fact that johnny kept checking up on him made him feel loved, and safe, "im great."

"table for two, please," johnny asked the waiter, and was quickly brought to a table at the back of the restaurant. the lighting was calm and dim, and the table was inside a private booth, "thank you!"

"it's so nice in here..." ten said in awe, "i wanna live here."

"it feels magical," johnny kept the conversation going, passing ten a menu, before grabbing his hand and holding it gently on the table, "get anything you want, i'm paying."

"no-"

"shut up-"

"but-"

"ten." johnny said with a stern voice, but a smile cute enough to make ten flustered.

ten giggled, his head falling onto the table, "fine.."

johnny leaned back in his seat, reading the menu as ten did the same. they shared a moment of concentration and comfortable silence together, with their hands still intertwined.

.

"it's a date, ten, let me spend money on you~" johnny whined, as they explored the shopping mall together after their dinner. ten was shaking his head, as he wondered around the stores mindlessly.

"you bought the dinner, johnny," he smiled, patting the man on the shoulder, "i can buy my own clothes."

"just wear mine," johnny mumbled quietly as ten walked off, but he still said it loud enough that he could hear, "they're more comfortable!"

"i heard that!" ten giggled, "stop flirting with me!~"

"who said i was flirting with you?"  smirking, johnny followed ten's lead, who was looking through shirts, "when would i do that?"

"you'd do it every second of your life if you could," ten teased, before passing johnny a shirt, "you should get this, it would look really nice on you."

"buy it for me then."

"you're such a hypocrite!"

"im kidding, im kidding!" johnny laughed, "i like it.."

"good!" ten smiled, "i know, i have good taste, you dont have to tell me.."

johnny just smiled fondly, putting an arm around the boy's waist as he browsed the clothes. he felt happy. after his last relationship with his ex-wife, he didnt think he'd be able to feel the same amount of love.

but he was feeling alot more than what he did when he was with her.

he felt true appreciation and love.

----

ten: hi cookie man

ten: you know, you didnt have to sign off the note with that, i would've known.

johnny: but i did and its too late now!

johnny: its also too late in general you should go to sleep

ten: but im sad and lonely and awake

johnny: no

ten: what

johnny: i'm not coming over

ten: never asked you to

johnny: but you were going to, weren't you?

ten: ... yeah

johnny: im so smart

johnny: go 😴 sleeping beauty

ten: fine 🙄

johnny: goodnight <3

ten: nighty night

-

ten: no, we didnt kiss

taeyong: aw man.