0.7

Fernando braced for impact, his eyes closed.

Esmeralda's sob made him open his eyes just in time to see Lucas, the black haired dude fall to the ground.

"What the fuck" he mumbled to himself.

Who shot him?

"Amertio" he cursed, knowing his son could be the only person behind the shooting.

Amertio was hot-headed and impulsive. He thought before he talked but didn't give a damn if it hurt you or not. He was a total mama's boy though and everyone knew his weakness was his mother and now his sister.

"Sorry, not sorry dad" Amertio's unapologetic voice rang in his ears "At least I saved your life"

Fernando growled.

"As much as I'm grateful you could have gotten hurt" he scolded "Where you are"

"Broken down building on your right" he said, his tone bored "tell mama I love her"

"Will do" Fernando nodded "Has Arrio and Alva got word on Mena?"

"Yeah" he said "I can't wait to get both mama and Mena home, safe and sound"

Fernando nodded.

"And maybe a vacation will help," Amertio shrugged, making Fernando roll his eyes.

"C'mon dad" he whined.

"Why not?" He shrugged.

"Really? Cool" he smiled.

"A vacation?" Alverio's voice boomed through his earbuds making both him and Amertio wince.

"Give a fucking heads up before trying to make me deaf" Amertio hissed.

"Sorry," he squealed, making Amertio curse.

"Tio, no more cursing at your brother" Fernando scolded his son as he tore his shirt sleeve, wrapping it around Esmeralda's bleeding arm.

"We'll see you in a few," he simply said.

"Te extrañé mi amor" he whispered huskily, placing a kiss on her cheek
{Spanish translation: I missed you, my love}

"Any news on Mena?" He asked softly, picking his tired beaten up wife.

"Not yet" Avarez trailed off "but we'll find her- right dad?"

"We will," he said firmly.

"I missed you Esme" he cried, hiding his face in her neck "I was so scared"

"You can't get rid of your two favourite women easily" she winked, wincing.

He chuckled.

"You are my woman and Mena is my baby girl" he said, stroking her hair softly.

She smiled softly, allowing the darkness to envelope her like a blanket.

"Please find Mena" she whispered "She'll make it- she has a chance"

***

"Yes mom" Fernando said, his grip on his phone tightening "You want to visit? When? Next week- that won't work"

"I'm not- how could you say that" He scoffed "I still love you mama- It's complicated"

"I will notify you as soon as I get less busy," he said, making her gasp.

"Don't get extra about this mama," he said.

Esmeralda pushed herself against the door frame making the door creek.