0.24

Esmeralda kissed her husband on his cheek before doing the same to her sons who were still upset but accepted the affection regardless after all they were mama's boys.

They slowly bade goodbye to their sister and mother and Esmeralda rushed Ximena into her red Lamborgini seeing as she was half an hour late. Ximena had run a fever yet still insisted on going to school. She wouldn't stop screaming and wailing as her mother and father tried to explain that she was too sick to go to school. She protested till they struck a deal. She could go to school today but tomorrow and the day after she couldn't and if the fever persisted she would be sent to the hospital and put on bed rest. They had so much experience with fever already and could almost proudly boast that they were experts. After all, they had practice on eight other children.

Another half an hour late due to Esmeralda turning once in a while to check on Ximena they were at her school.

"Bye mama" she kissed her cheek before sprinting to the building making Esmeralda chuckle.

None of her sons seemed this excited to go to school even when they were well.

She started the drive to her office. She ran a furniture company and could happily brag that it was surviving as well as thriving. As soon as she got to her office building an hour later her eyes snapped to the pastel brown bag that sat at the back of her car. She groaned as she sat in her car again. Ximena had left her backpack in her car. Another hour passed and she finally arrived at her school. Her phone dinged for the sixth time and she quickly raced into the building, not even bothering to proceed to the principal first as she could recall Ximena's classroom. However what she witnessed aggravated her and broke her heart at the same time.

Ximena was on sat on the floor hysterically crying. She noticed two kids, a boy and a girl pointing and laughing at her helpless daughter as a man screamed at her, his face inches away from hers. Another woman stood beside him roaring at her as well. More tears rolled down her cheeks and she tried to cover her ears but the man pinned her hands above her and she swore as she saw her body go limp. The man's hands suddenly trailed underneath her shirt and he squeezed her chest roughly and she saw red. Everything she just witnessed took her to the nights when both she and Ximena were kidnapped. Those grotesque nights.

"What the fuck is going on?" She shouted as she rushed to them.

She pulled the man of Ximena who was unconscious and punched him, quite satisfied when she heard a crack but she was done yet. Not only did her sons get their brutality and anger from their father but they got it from her as well which is what made them a hundred more times brutal than them. Avran was exactly like her. He had a temper, even worse than Alarico's but it was hardly ever set loose. She punched his face till it was red and swollen, blood trickling from his nose. His lip was busted and his eyes were swelled shut.

She got off him and wiped the blood off her knuckles on his shirt before delivering a kick to his ribs.

"What the hell did you do you bitch" Esmeralda screamed at the woman before tackling her to the ground, her head slamming against the floor.

She wanted to give her a concussion or maybe brain damage. She slammed her head against the floor over and over, ignoring the cries from the children who had been just making fun of her daughter. She got off the woman when she noticed she had lost consciousness and glanced distastefully at her bruised knuckles. She picked Ximena up after sending the children a hard glare and rushed her into her car.

"Jesse" she called Jesselyn at once "I'm on my way to the hospital now"

"What happened?" She asked, shocked.

"Ximena" she glanced at her daughter who had dried tears imprinted on her red face.

"Oh shit" she cursed "Right, I'll tell Manuel right away"

Esmeralda didn't bother to reply and ended the call.

She called her assistant right away.

"Ma'am" Jake greeted.

"Cancel all my meetings today," she said coldly.

"But ma'am Mrs Mason is here-" she cut him off by groaning.

"I don't give a fuck Jake. I won't make it to the office today" she clamoured"re-schedule"

"Yes ma'am" she ended the call as she sped through the streets, having no regard for the speed limits.

Soon she was at Manuel's hospital. As soon as she entered with a burning hot Ximena in her arms a gurney was ready for her and she was wheeled into a hospital room. She refused to be away from her child and slipped into the hospital room as well.

"She's burning up" Manuel hissed "when did you notice she had a fever"

"This morning but she wanted to go to scho-" she was cut off.

"And you sent her?" Manuel exclaimed "you two spoil her more than you intend to"

"Let me finish" she narrowed her eyes at him.

He then noticed how pissed off she was.

"What happened?" He asked as his eyes while his eyes darted to her bruised knuckles.

"Her teachers were yelling the fuck out of her then he touched her" she screamed.

"Where?" His eyes went dead cold.

"Her chest" she mumbled "He's a sick fucktard bastard"

He lifted her shirt and Esmeralda gasped and he winced. Her chest had handprints on them that would bruise.

"Fuck" she screamed to herself as tears rolled down her cheek.

"You broke his face right?" Manuel mumbled as he examined her chest.

"I didn't almost break my fucking knuckles for no reason" she chuckled darkly as images of his unrecognisable face filled her thoughts.

Manuel smirked before he frowned.

"I don't suggest you bring your husband to my hospital when you tell him what happened" he shook his head "Last time someone touched her he destroyed the hospital's bathroom"

***
Hi. I'm so sorry for the late update. Today has been very busy as well. It's 10:37 where I'm at but a lot of people have crossed into the new year. If you have Happy New Year also new cover