0.14

Ximena rolled to her side as she felt something heavy on her waist. Immediately her eyes shot open and she let out a horrifying scream, waking the person next to her up.

"Xia" Alarico moaned and she stared at him fearfully.

Ever since he yelled at her she was deathly afraid of him. That he would hit and beat her.

"Xia" his eyes finally opened and his face turned pale "shit"

He quickly hopped off her bed, his solar system blanket still covering her and he turned around to leave when he suddenly stopped in his tracks.

She gasped and covered her small body including her face with his blanket that smelled like him, calming her just a little.

"I'm sorry Xia" he mumbled as he allowed the big fat salty tears to roll down his cheek.

She stuck her head out, catching a glimpse at her sobbing brother and she gasped.

She rushed down and hugged him - well his leg - making his sobs increase. He placed a small kiss on her blonde hair making her whimper. Soon she was sobbing alongside her brother. He rubbed her tears, his still flowy and placed his lips softly on her forehead.

"Don't cry amica mea" he whispered softly making her stare at him "I need to be punished for how I treated you"

(Latin :my love)

Ximena had never heard any of them say that word to her so along with him saying he needed to be punished she was intrigued.

The Alonso-Garza's were also of latin descent so they all spoke latin fluently along with a whole lot of other languages.

"I'm so sorry" he placed another kiss on her forehead and walked away, making her lips part in shock.

She was honestly scared and not for herself but for her brother who was beating himself up too much just because of his emotions.

***

Ximena giggled as Amertio wiped his face then her hair. He dried her body, careful of her bandages which were due for a change especially seeing as she would start crying whenever they insisted on removing it even if it was just for a bath. It was as if she was hiding something.

Amertio changed her into a huge oversized pink knitted shirt with overalls with a bunny clinging to it. He tried to tie her curly mess of hair into a clean neat bun but accidently made a really messy bun and after a lot of tries he just settled on his messy excuse of a bun. He helped her slip into white sneakers with bunnies designed on them thus completing her cute bunny look.

He was dressed in a black tank top, black sweatpants and black slides, his hair in a man bun which he surprisingly perfected seeing as he couldn't tie a simple bun.

She made grabby hands at him and he happily picked her up, placing her on his hip.

"Are you hungry?" He asked and she just shook her head making him sigh but nod, understanding what she went through.

He walked into the kitchen to find his dad and grandfather in a serious conversation with steaming cups of what he assumed was coffee sitting right in front of them while his mom and grandmother were talking at the island with Esmeralda's giggling every second while Catalinaa held a smug look on her face.

"Buenos días" he greeted as he felt his sister try to squish her body into his.

He adjusted her on his hip and waltzed to the fridge, taking one small ceres and a hot bag of cheetos.

Catalina and Jorge looked at their granddaughter in admiration.

"Hi mi mundo" Esmeralda picked her up, making her giggle.

Fernando chuckled as her eyes landed on him and she smiled excitedly. Although she still feared that her family would become her abusers she was just a child so sadly she was already growing attached to them.

Her father sent her a flying kiss and a wink and she couldn't help but giggle excitedly making their hearts warm up.

"Mena say hi to abuelo and abuela" Amertio seized her happiness to finally introduce them properly "papa's mommy and daddy"

"Mommy" she pointed to Esmeralda then Fernando "daddy"

He nodded.

"But not our mommy and daddy, papa's mommy and daddy" he explained and her shoulders sagged a bit, showing that she was relaxed.

"Papa has a mommy and daddy" her lips parted and he let out a chuckle.

"Obviously muneca" he told her "everyone does"

She let out a sigh of realisation and glanced at her father's parents, an uneasy smile on her face.

Jorge's face softened and Catalina's lips tugged into a huge smile. She always looked forward to meeting her granddaughter and torturing Gilberto mercilessly as well.

"Hi little babe" Catalina placed her hands on her hips as Jorge slipped his arm around her waist.

Her face heated up, unsure of what that meant.

"It was a compliment babe" Avarez came out of nowhere, a half bitten apple in his hand.

He kissed Ximena's cheek as well as his mother and grandmother, hugged his grandfather and father and just nudged his younger brother in the ribs making him scowl.

"What-" Jorge quickly glared at Amertio, cutting him off

"I'm not about to have you two brawl over something silly as usual" he scoffed, making Amertio and Avarez roll their eyes in sync making Ximena gasp and clasp her hand together, her lips forming a small pout.

"Again" she commanded excitedly, making Avarez chuckle and take her from his mother's hold.

"It comes naturally babe" he told her, making her sigh and glance at Amertio who just shrugged.

Thirty minutes later they were all eating breakfast, Avarez obviously helping Ximena knowing that she could hardly eat anything so he fed her small bites. After just a few bites he could sense she was full so he decided that it was enough. Although her eating habits were bad he didn't need her puking up, putting all her efforts to waste.

Fernando and Esmeralda's eyes skimmed the dining table worriedly.

"Where is Rico?" Esmeralda voiced both their thoughts and the table went still, all forms of chattering stopping.

"He was still sleeping last time I checked" Alverio mumbled as he stuffed his face with food.

"When was that?" Amersio asked, his eyebrows raised.

"Not long- roughly forty-five minutes ago" he explained.

"Rico may not be a morning person but he sure would come down for breakfast" Alva commended and they all nodded in agreement.

"I'll go get him" Arrio quickly got up, running up the stairs making Esmeralda warn him.

He returned fifteen minutes much to everyone's worry, his face gloomy.

"Where is Rico?" Catalina asked curiously.

"I-I don't know" he said honestly "I searched his room but I couldn't find him and his window was open- I think he's gone"

At his words tears rolled down Ximena's cheeks as she just stared at him making Avarez who was closest to her pull her into his hold as she just stared into his chest, her gaze cold scaring them all.

***

A chapter as promised. Please vote, comment and share. Also just a little dedication to one of the people who inspire me. Happy Birthday, Michael. Even though you're dead I will always love you. Happy 63rd birthday.