Chp4

Chapter 4 ~ Siblings drama

Shouting

The next morning I felt voices yeah felt them right over my head shouting.

"You gotta be kidding me you came all the way here just for me??" A guy's voice low, soft, calming asked but the impact was spoilt when he banged his palm on the desk.

"Don't show attitude now! This is 'not' the last time I am doing this for you"

"You mean 'this is the last time' you're doing this for me.."

"No I mean it is not! I will do every time I will follow you everywhere. 'Wherever you go I go'... this was the pact you remember?"

Deafening silence from the other side.

I closed my eyes pulled in by the heavy slumber, thinking I must be having some strange dream of two people arguing.

"We made an oath under the peepal tree remember?" The familiar voice asked icily, so cold to the point I was awakened by it.

"Ahh. .... Divya it was in childhood, these things kids do all time ..there's no such pact it was fake!"

"But you said everything concerning peepal tree is serious the ghosts will haunt us if we break our oaths!" Divya was getting hysterical and emotional

"I lied Divya... anyway that's not important you have to-

"How it's not important! It is very important! I have been living my whole life in fear of being haunted by ghosts and you say it's all lies! Lies lies!'

"Ah don't shout you will wake your roommate!" The other voice whispered after banging his palm on the desk.

Very smooth.

I huffed and got up sliding the blanket off me, "really?" I asked looking at both of them

Divyanshi, maybe my negligence and ignorance toward my last roommate had made Karma pretty upset to have me ended up with a roommate I could never ignore even if I tried to.

She appeared not even a little bit remorse about disturbing me instead she glared at me accusingly, "how could you leave me alone there?" She pointed her finger at me.

I turned my head suppressing the little guilt I felt when I came back. I wanted to go and check whether she was alright or returned back safely.

Because of her, I had to take two sleeping pills.

I eyed the digital clock at her side of the room 5:00 am when my eyes landed on the second figure, her brother Sahil stood at the door with folded arms looking at me.

I became conscious of my messy bun and puffy eyes but I shoved it right where it came from.

I asked Divyanshi my eyes still on her brother who tilted his head when recognition flashed in his eyes, I blushed remembering my oscar winning first impression, damn it!, "what is he doing here?"

"He is my brother" she replied.

Now I looked at her.

The said brother spoke, "Sorry to cause you the trouble we are leaving already"

"No! I am not going anywhere" Divyanshi argued, Sahil sighed tiredly, he appeared to be in a good form today and also confident?

He yanked the bag which I noticed now. Divyanshi caught the other strap of it pulling it towards herself, "I am not going anywhere Bhaiya! After seeing you throwing yourself to bullies like you don't have your own arms and legs so pathetic you didn't even think about my reputation.?? I am not leaving!"