Ch19(2)

We got down on the next station and reported GRP about the lost baby. They were coming to see to it and by the time they came we waited resting on one of the bench. I tilted my head back calming myself while Dhruv held the baby ...yes.. he brought me advil after that he volunteered or actually ordered me to hand him the baby, take deep breaths and stop wailing like a baby myself because one was enough for us. Surprisingly, he was gentle and with strange calmness, he held the baby against his shoulder patting his small back.

Turning to him,"why are you so confusing?" I asked whispering aware the baby fell asleep again and it was the cutest sight.

He glanced at me with narrowed eyes can't believe this guy this arrogant selfish guy just sobered a crying baby and also made him sleep!

Let me check pigs weren't flying.

"I reckon that's a rhetorical question"

"No, it isn't, you are so rude, so infuriating and then you show kindness which is shocking I don't get you? I meant I get you you have to maintain your tough boy act but I can't help it and see it as a useless facade when you are not really a bad guy-

he put a finger on my lips muting and taking me by surprise me.

"You gonna wake it up by your senseless chattering" he hissed.

I glared at him, "it is, he"

"What?"

"He! He is a person not a thing"

"I don't know its name"

"*His name and I don't know too"

"I think I know, it's trouble" he glanced at me mocking.

"Or meanie" I glanced at him too copying him.

"Or Boring"

"Arrogant?" I smiled sarcastically suggesting.

"Masochist"he said

"Annoying"

"Silly"he said.

"Nagger" so we were basically calling out each other by giving the baby bad names. Unfair for the innocent baby.

My eyes widened, the baby woke I gazed at him with astonishment when he yawned ..soo

"Cute" Dhruv said, his eyes on me.

I looked back at him..

He drew his eyes away quickly scowling, " can't you be quiet? see you woke him"

"But he isn't crying!" I told almost shouted in glee.

"Yes, it isn't ..do you want to hold him?" He asked when I continued watching the tiny and so precious thing moving, quietly seizing the big world with his small doe eyes.

"Umm...I don't know he would cry!?"

"It won't if you don't hold him rigidly like a bomb or something -

"But what if he cries again!"

"Then there's definitely something wrong with you" He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"What do you mean? Just because now you can hold a baby without making it cry you consider yourself a champion or something superior than everyone?"

"I don't need to hold a baby to prove I am superior than everyone"

"So generous" I commented half heartedly staring at the baby the little fellow was unaware of the two hard heads fighting above him.

I was jealous, how comfortably he was in Dhruv's arm.