❁Baby's Breath - Affection❁

"Logan's Log: Affection Analysis, subject: five love languages. It is no secret I struggle to make my affection for the other sides known. I am not good with emotions, neither mine nor the others'. Thus, I have come up with an experiment to test the best method of affection dispersion for each of the sides. Though there are many flaws with the theory of the five love languages, I believe that this would be the best place to start. The first test subject will be-" Logan had to stop his recording as he realized he had not chosen who would be his first test subject. One option was Patton, though, he would probably unintentionally skew the results as he liked many different forms of affection. Not to mention, Logan had spent so much time with Patton that it was possible his own biases would tamper with the evidence.

Patton wasn't a good first choice.

He could try Virgil, but a sudden change in behavior could often make Virgil nervous, and Logan would like to solidify his process before attempting to figure out Virgil's affection needs.

Remus? No, Remus was a force of chaos and Logan had his own theories that Remus both didn't care about how he was receiving affection, and also would have a different preferred method each day.

Then, the best option, to not add the variable of familiarity, was Janus.

Logan swallowed hard. He was not Janus' biggest fan. Though he understood why Deceit did many of the things he had done in the past, Logan still felt slighted. He still had dreams of being taken out of conversations, nightmares of his words being taken from him. There was a part of him that felt he shouldn't give his affection to someone who had cared so little for his feelings.

But was that true? The last time it had happened, Janus had come to check on him, he had even shown signs of what Patton described as sheepishness.

Logan began to pace his room before finally deciding that he was going to do it. He was going to try his experiment with Janus. It would be good for both of them. Turning back to his recorder, he swallowed before taking in a deep breath. "The first test subject will be Deceit, otherwise known as Janus. First trial method, physical touch."

The next day Logan began to watch Janus' patterns. He was learning some of the other side's habits and the things he usually enjoyed. It was valuable data for the rest of his experiment, but he was waiting until they were alone.

"What is it? You have been staring at me all day, and though I'm flattered, it is getting tiring."

"Apologies, I was just hoping to ask you for a hug." Consent was important, even if Logan was technically running this experiment without consent, but he would ask during the process.

"What?"

"A hug, it is a close embrace, with arms, especially as a sign of affection."

"I am aware of what a hug is Logan, but why are you asking me for one? Were the others too busy?"

Janus's shoulders were raised, his lips tight and Logan imagined his teeth were probably clenched. He might not be good at recognizing emotions but he could see when someone's defenses were raised.

"You can tell when I'm lying, correct?"

Janus nodded but his posture didn't seem to change.

"I was specifically seeking a hug from you today. I have no nefarious intentions for said sign of affection, and I will respect any boundary you put in place."

"One of those was a half truth, you are omitting something, but you don't think it's vital." His eyes narrowed as he spoke and Logan nodded in agreement.

"Would you feel more comfortable if I promised to explain myself at a later date."

Janus's eyes remained squinted for a bit as he peered up at Logan. Eventually he nodded his head. "Very well, you may hug me."