❁Daisy - Innocence❁

AU: Canon Ish

TW: Remus and his Innuendos

WC: 891

Date: 5/14/2021

"So I told him he could have a piece of my meat." Remus wiggled his body as he spoke to Virgil, retelling a story from the imagination that Patton only caught half of. He would have liked to hear the whole story but he had been baking cookies, something warm to fill all of them up for movie night.

"I didn't know you could cook." He put down a tray of cookies, a smile on his face. "Maybe one day you could cook with me."

"No, Padre, I was talking about my-"

"Nope!" Virgil reached out to quiet Remus before getting his hand licked "We aren't talking about that in front of Patton." He shook his head, trying to get his hand clean.

"Talking about what, Kiddo." He titled his head to the side and from the corner of his eye he could see Janus watching him. Regardless, Patton kept on his innocent smile as Remus looked at Virgil for a moment, a wicked smile crawling up the Duke's face.

"Don't."

Remus went to open his mouth and Virgil covered it again.

"Don't!"

He licked Virgil's hand but the emo was steadfast in covering it. So, Remus disappeared, slipping out the way only he and the "dark sides" knew how, before reappearing behind Patton.

"Daddio, I was talking about something more carnal."

"Oh.... Remus! That's dirty!" He said blushing a bit, before hearing Janus clear his throat.

"Remus, why don't you go find your brother so that he can have some of the cookies?" Apparently, Janus was suspicious about something. Patton could tell this was more than just wrangling the kiddos for tea time.

"Okie Dokie, but I'm going to make some of them carrot cookies!" He ran off without a moment of hesitation, leaving just the three in the living room.

Janus put his book down, standing up, "Patton, can I speak to you in the kitchen?"

"Of course!"

Virgil looked between the pair, he was chewing on his lip but Patton knew everything was going to be okay. He gave his kiddo a reassuring smile and was thankful when his shoulders relaxed. Looking up the stairs, Virgil went off towards the imagination, probably to protect Roman from Remus.

The two sides walked into the kitchen and Patton immediately started to clean the counter.

"Why do you encourage him?" Janus asked, leaning against the fridge, blocking Patton's path.

"I'm not sure what you mean."

"You can't lie to me. Even if that display back there wasn't technically a lie, I can tell when you are being... exaggeratory, it's written all over your face."

Patton shrugged. "Remus gets a kick out of 'corrupting me', and there's no real harm in letting him do it."

"Why do you care about what he wants? You didn't care about us before." Those words stung, and it was the exact reason Patton was doing what he was doing. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Janus watching him carefully. He could understand why Deceit was so skeptical, but he really was trying.

Slowly lowering the bowl he had started to clean, Patton turned to look at Janus. "I know... I was the reason that all three of you were repressed, all of the dark sides. I thought... I thought if I could hide you from Thomas, then he would be a good person; we could all be better. I'm still learning that isn't how this works. I'm still learning that you both being here doesn't mean Thomas is a bad person, that it's not my job to fix him. Thomas is already so wonderful. So, I'm trying to be better."

He drummed his fingers on the sink. "Remus being around is pushing Roman to be more creative, to try new avenues. You have been helping Logan more than I ever did when it comes to expressing his emotions. I... I want to make this a supportive environment. I want to be accepting. I guess... This is just one of the ways that I can help. I'm not ready to fully accept him, but I can do little things right?"

"Interesting."

"Yeah, I know I should be doing more, but it's all I can do for now." Patton rubbed his arm gently. "But I'm trying," He said quietly.

"No, actually I'm quite proud of you. You are taking steps in your own way, even if it is difficult."

"Really?"

"As I have been trying to tell you and Thomas, extensively, it's okay to move at your own pace. You need to take care of yourself."

"I don't want him to feel isolated though, I really need to learn to accept him."

"I doubt he feels isolated. Remus inserts himself into any situation. Besides, you are moving in the right direction, without hurting him. I think you are doing a wonderful job."

Patton's eyes lit up and for once he looked like he might actually believe Janus's praise.

"Thanks, Kiddo,"

Janus smirked, that was new. "Don't rely on it, I'm still an asshole."

"Don't tell Remus that, we will never hear the end of it."

"On that, You are correct."

"Let go of me you heathen!" They heard Roman yell from the living room and Patton couldn't help but laugh a little bit. "I'll go get Logie, and then we can start movie night."