❁Hypericum - Inspiration❁

AU: Canon

CW: None that I know of

WC: 661

Date: 5/28/2021

White should have been a freeing color, it should have been the promise of something amazing, the emptiness before an explosion! It should have been the beginning of possibilities, but as Roman watched the cursor blink on a blank white page, he couldn't help but hate it. He had been sitting at his desk for over an hour, finding distractions rather than writing down any ideas. Even when he tried to put away his distractions he found something else. First, it was the pens that needed to be organized, then the paints that needed to be put away. Each time his mind would wander to something else that needed to be done, something that felt more appealing than sitting down to write.

It wasn't even that he didn't want to write. He knew hidden somewhere in the back of his skull was a myriad of worlds and ideas. He knew that if he could just pour his brain out onto paper he could get everything he needed prepared for a planning session. Instead, he was sitting staring at his screen, frustrated that he couldn't force himself to write.

He was almost to the point of tears, they pushed at the corners of his eyes until he was tackled backward. Falling off of his chair he squeaked, looking up at Remus staring down at him. There was a wild smirk on his brother's face and Roman didn't have time to worry about his own issues as he tried to deal with the confusion.

"Remus, what the hell?"

"Come to the imagination with me!"

"I have a project I need to work on."

"I don't care, come to the imagination with me." He began to yank Roman up. "I accidentally created a giant monster."

"Accidentally?"

"Okay, maybe on purpose! I still need your help."

Roman groaned, rolling his eyes at Remus. "Alright, lead the way."

Remus giggled, bouncing his way to Roman's closet and throwing the door open. It immediately became a doorway into the imagination and the two disappeared past its threshold.

It was several hours before they returned to Roman's room, both of them high off the adrenalin. "You really know how to create a monster."

"Well brother, that is my specialty."

"You really are an eldritch horror."

"Awe... you flatter me."

Roman walked over to his desk and flopped into the chair, looking at the blank white document that popped up. He heard Remus flopping on his bed. Normally he would push him off, but Roman finally had some ideas and he began to write them all down. Taking a deep breath as he happily listed a few different ideas for their next short videos. He got lost in typing for a while, he wasn't even sure how long until he heard his brother speak up.

"You feeling better Robro?"

"Yeah, I am... wait, was this intentional?"

"Of course not, I would never help you on purpose," his wide smile showed that this was a lie. Remus was a bad liar and really only ever did it to tease people.

"Well, if you had done this intentionally, which I obviously believe that you didn't, I would have to thank you. But you didn't, so I won't." Roman responded, with Remus's smile only growing larger.

"Now get out. I have finished my list and I would like to take a bath to ease my soul after the disaster that you called a quest."

"Ooooh, want me to bathe with you like when we were kids?"

"Disgusting, get out of here gremlin."

Remus cackled, sinking into the floor, leaving behind a puddle of ooze.

Sometimes having a brother was awful. He was gross, and vulgar, and everything Roman had once thought was bad; but sometimes, some very rare times, having a brother was the best thing in the world. Remus knew how to get Roman out of his head. He knew how to help him get back to the right path.