Chapter 1: Aunt and Nephew

A lone teacher walked strode through the empty halls of the Luna Nova Magical Academy. Empty halls that would soon be full of young girls whose dream it was to become witches.

Finnelan: Have you still got the books with you that we need?

Well she seemed to be alone. Walking behind her carrying a tall stack of books was a boy around 16 years old who nodded his head at the teacher.

Anne Finnelan was her name and usually it wouldn't be in her nature to be this calm having a boy at her school for girls. But this time she could make an exception.

Finnelan: Good good. Now just be careful with them Y/N. It would take quite a while to pick them back up.

Y/N: Y-yes A-Auntie.

This boy was her nephew. Y/N his name. And although she would prefer not to show it on front of anyone, she did love her nephew. Very much.

Finnelan: Just a bit further now.

They were nearly at their destination but Y/N tripped over a small lip in the floor and is sent down to the ground with the books falling all around him and a few landing in his head.

His aunt stops, turns around and crouches down to her nephew who looked on the verge of tears.

Finnelan: Are you ok?

He nods his head and looks up with teary eyes.

Y/N: S-sorry A-Auntie. I-I'm j-just c-clumsy.

A small smile took its place on Finnelan's face as she gently rubbed her nephew's head.

Finnelan: Everyone is clumsy every now and again. But always learn from it. You have done in the past and you will now.

She stops and helps her nephew by picking up some of the books.

Finnelan: I'll take half and you take the other half. That way we can avoid it being awkward for you to carry.

Y/N nods his head and picks up the rest of the books and continues walking with his aunt, side by side.

They soon arrive at their destination and place all the books on the desk.

Finnelan: Professor Ursula can sort out where she wants her books. We have done our bit. Come now Y/N. We have a meeting with the headmistress now.

Y/N yet again nods his head and walks behind his auntie to the headmistresses office.

Holbrooke: Thank you for helping around where you can. We are now ready for the students to return.

Finnelan: Yes but I have a question. Where can my nephew stay this year? We have gotten away with him being in an empty dorm room, but I don't think I can take the risk now.

Holbrooke: He is fine just where he is. No students will be in that dorm this year. If it concerns you, then we can always move him.

Finnelan: No. I wouldn't want to disturb him anymore.

She looks back at the boy who was looking around the room nervously.

Finnelan: He has trust issues.

Holbrooke: I am aware of his past situation. And we will accommodate anything that he needs.

Finnelan: I think I'm doing enough.

Y/N felt bad to demand more than what his aunt was giving him. In his mind this was all that he deserved. It's what he was told anyway by his previous carers.

A time of his life he would never forget for all of the wrong reasons. But he just keeps it bottled up. As to not pile more stress on his hard working aunt who sees her nephew as a good escape from all the school business. Her softer side always on display a little around her nephew.