Chapter 7: Why Me?

[Y/N POV]

I only meant to shut my eyes for a short period of time. But it would seem that I had been asleep for a while. In fact it had been the best bit of sleep I've had in a while.

I did feel someone gently stroking my hair and running their hand down to my face and gently caressing my cheek.

Y/N: A-Auntie?

I was really confused and rubbed my eyes to wake myself up a bit more.

Diana: Fantastic you've finally woken up!

I must have been going made because I swear I heard Diana's voice in my ear. When I turned in that direction, there was Diana sat there with a warm, loving smile on her face.

Y/N: O-oh a-am I dreaming!

I don't know how that slipped out, I guess I was just a little sleepy. Diana giggled and put both her arms around me.

Diana: Not at all. I only hope that I'm not dreaming.

I blushed and looked into her beautiful blue eyes.

Diana: We both fell asleep and it's now late evening. I was wondering if you wanted to take a walk with me. There are...a few things we need to talk about.

I got extremely flustered at the thought that I had fallen asleep with Diana, but had to push it to one side as I nodded my head and watched her stand up.

Diana: Perfect. Now come along Y/N.

She presents her hand to me and I slowly take it. She pulled me up and intertwined our fingers.

The two of us walked side by side and hand in hand through the somewhat empty school. A few of the girls saw us and smiled when they saw our hands.

When this did happen I would look over at Diana who would be looking back at me with that same smile on her face and a shine in her eyes.

Eventually the two of us came to the library which was completely empty. Did Diana want to study with me? If she did then I could only watch awkwardly while she did as I didn't have any of my work with me.

Diana: Y/N, please sit down.

She gestures for me to sit down in the chair next to her which I do. She really seemed eager to get going with whatever she wanted to do.

Diana: This is the quietest part of the school that I can think of. So this is the perfect time to tell you a couple things.

I nod my head and watch Diana blush. I don't think I had ever really seen her this flustered before.

Diana: The kiss. I...need to tell you what came over me when I kissed your cheek yesterday.

I nodded my head and began to blush as the thought came back into my mind.

Diana: I've never felt this way before and I guessed that the best way to show you what I had been feeling for you was to do that.

She dragged the chair closer to mine and took my hands into hers.

Diana: I was asked to be your friend. And I tried doing that to the best of my ability. But I couldn't help but feel myself lusting for more. I was happy being your friend but now...

She moved even closer and that shine returned to her eyes.

Diana: I'm in love with you. And I want to take this relationship further.

There were a few moments of silence as I computed all of what Diana had just said.

Y/N: Y-y-you l-love m-me?