Chapter 4: Sweetest Boy on Earth

[Y/N POV]

I slipped away while Akko was distracted by Sucy. I felt really bad about doing so but I just got a bit too uncomfortable. I just hoped she wouldn't hate me for doing it.

Diana: Y/N! There you are! I lost you for a moment!

I turned around to see that Diana had caught up to me. She stopped in front of me and smiled warmly.

Y/N: S-sorry. I-I j-just g-got a b-but sidetracked.

Diana: It's no trouble Y/N. As long as nothing happens to you, then everything is fine! Your aunt would kill me if something bad happened!

She chuckled nervously as I smiled a little. I'm not sure if my aunt would go that far, but she would get angry.

And I mean REALLY angry.

I still shudder thinking about that night when she picked me up and took me home. I haven't seen her that angry since then.

Diana: Come along now Y/N. The other two are waiting for us.

Diana leads the way once more and I follow. Every step I took, my mind kept going back to Akko and how I ran away.

Y/N: I feel terrible...

Diana: Y/N? You don't look too happy. Is something wrong?

I look up to see Diana looking back at me with a concerned look on her face.

Y/N: I-I...n-no I-I'm fine.

Diana: Are you sure? You can tell me.

She takes my hand and gently holds onto it as I begin to blush lightly. I look up at her to see her beautiful blue eyes sparkling in the light. That ever present warm smile on her face.

She looked just like an angel.

Y/N: I-I-I f-fine! H-Honest!

Diana: I'll take your word for it. But do keep in mind that you can tell me if you need to.

I nod my head and she lets go of my hand and turns back around. We continue walking and make it to the cafeteria where we sat down with the others and ate.

Barbara: Are you enjoying your time here so far Y/N?

I look up from my food and nod in response to Barbara's question which results in a smile from the black haired girl.

Barbara: Great! You do fit in really well!

Hannah: It really does prove the fact that you're related to Professor Finnelan.

I look back down at my food and then back up again. I pan around to Diana who looked like she wanted to ask me something. I tilt my head at her and she jumps.

Diana: O-oh sorry! I didn't mean to stare!

Y/N: D-Do you have a-a question?

Diana: I do yes! Are you thinking of taking up magic when you've finished your studies?

I had a think about this before and completely disregarded it. I hadn't seen anything so far to convince me to do it.

Y/N: M-Maybe. I-I don't know.

Diana: I would say you would end up doing it because of your family, but it is your choice to make.

I nod my head and Diana continues to stare at me before looking back to her cup of tea. Her face going a tinge pink.

I look around the room and my eyes land in Akko who was with her friends, happily taking to them and laughing at points. She didn't seem too sad.

But looks could be deceiving. In the inside she might be really upset. Right now, I was just plucking up the courage to go and apologise for running off!