Chapter 3

Alice POV

Today is my last day here in Lesotho. It feels like two months just flew away in a moment. I got to know many people and got a very good experience. Working and conversing with these kids here, I realised that life is not equally comfortable for everyone. Here, kids are orphan. They are so small and so fragile. Yet they live their life in these mountains and in their own little world. The best part is I got to know Harry. He may be Prince Harry for the rest of the world but for me he is Gingery, my Gingery. When I go back and tell everybody that Prince Harry is my best friend then their faces will be something to see. I mean not everytime you come to another country and get to meet a fellow Brit who is in his gap year and that turns out to be Prince of England right? Of course when I first saw him, I was not very sure of how meeting with the party Prince going to be. I mean I know after all what has happened three years back. The news immediately came in front of my eyes. Also he is royalty and I am a commoner. Why would he any how want to talk to me and have any conversation with me? I also remember when he came, Prince Seeiso asked him to go back to his Royal Palace as he could not stay in this condition on the mountains. But he replied that he wants to. That night while having dinner, he sat in front of me beside Mutsu and said "Hi" and from that particular moment we are thick as thieves. We discussed everything, starting from coming from Britain to Lesotho and so many other common interests like our passion for Lesotho kids, studies which is he not so good at but I am so he used to listen me very interestingly. Atleast he seemed to be interested, I don't know wheather he was just doing so that I don't feel bad. But still it felt good that someone was listening to me with so much passion. As he opened up he used to talk about the scandals written in his name, his mother which is a very sensitive topic to him as well as his brother and of course his family especially how it is to have The Queen as Granny. In these two months, we both have come pretty close. We keep on talking until some one comes and asks us to go back to our respective cottages to sleep. This week he told me he is going to Sandhurst and I told him about me going to Cambridge for my study in social service. I feel like, I have grown feelings towards him. This is our last day here, but I don't want to go leaving Harry. Obviously we will be in the same country and still be in touch but still this place is so special, I just want to be with him forever. But does Harry feels the same way about me ? I mean he is from one of the most famous families of the world and I am just a commoner.

Just then a voice breaks Alice's thoughts.

"Hey Alice!!! Ready to make full of the last day here? "

Alice: yes Harry of course. The last day it is.
Harry: Today no work no protection officers nothing. Today just you and me will explore this place. Let's go to the mountain top. I heard clouds pass by the top of the mountains. Let's go on treking there.
Alice: okay ginger you are pretty much pumped up by it I see. Lets go.

Both put on their joggers and jackets and went for up the mountains.

When they reach the top, the scene was amazing.

"It's beautiful" Said Alice closing her eyes and absorbing the beauty of the place
But Harry's eyes we're stuck on Alice and he said "indeed very beautiful"

Alice opens her eyes and Harry turns his eyes.

They both sit for few moments on a place and talked about how fast the two months went.

Alice was her total self talking and talking and here Harry was just admiring her constantly. As Alice looked to him, their eyes locked. Harry's eyes were constantly looking towards Alice's lips. They came closer and closer and finally kissed each other. First Alice was hesitant to respond. Seeing that Harry broke the kiss and muttered "Sorry. I think I crossed the line. But please Alice don't break your friendship with me for that." Alice held Harry's jacket and pulled him towards him and smashed her lips on his. They shared a very passionate kiss only to separate because of lack of oxygen and joined their heads together.

"Damn it was so good" Said Harry and smiled.

"Indeed it was" Said Alice.

They both smiled remembering their moment.

"I love you Alice" Said Harry
"I love you too Harry" Said Alice.

After confession, they both held hands and started going down the hill towards the village. They knew from that day, a new story would start. A story of a prince and his precious girl. Their love. They knew now even if they go back to London, they will explore their new life with each other with their special gift of LOVE from Lesotho. With that thought, they both slept peacefully that night because the upcoming years is going to be their journey.