Part 14

I remember my Alphas saying something about needing a golden core to cultivate. 'Does that mean I could start to cultivate as well?' A chuckle from Wei Wuxian brings me out of my musing. ''Haha. You keep surprising me again and again my sweet (y/n). Such an amazing Omega you are. We are so blessed to have you as our mate.'' He hugs me tightly and after a short while, I finally let my confusion show.

''I don't understand. Is it strange for me to have a golden core?'' ''Oh right I'm so sorry. I forgot you don't know about this sort of stuff.'' He turns to Lan Xichen asking him to explain. ''I think Lan Xichen is the best to explain this to you.'' I nod at him and turn to Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen looks at me with a smile and amazement in his eyes. ''In history there are only a handful of Omegas with golden cores recorded. So you can understand that it is very rare for an Omega to even have one. It has been recorded that an omega with a golden core will give birth to extremely talented children and these children often became very famous cultivators. Allegedly some of them even managed to reach immortality. So of course many Alphas of different sects would do anything to get their hands on such an Omega. Many would break the rules since it would give their family a name of prestige and fame. Their families would be blessed to have such an Omega. That's why we need to make sure this information doesn't leak out. We will make sure to protect you.''

After listening to Lan Xichen's explanation, I can't help but be a bit scared. 'If anyone were to find out, they would take me away from my Alphas. I don't want that.' I unconsciously grab my Alphas' arms and tighten my grip on them. Lan Zhan uses his free hand to softly pet my head. I look at him and he gives me a soft and gentle smile. It instantly relaxes me. ''We will protect you.''

I nod at him and bury my face in his chest while keeping my grip on Wei Ying. After some minor discussion amongst themselves, we finally leave the room and say goodbye to the healer and Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren. We walk for a while before we stop in front of a room. ''This will be your room for now.'' Lan Zhan says while opening the door.

''We are not staying together?'' I ask him confused. ''It's against the rules.'' ''Ah Lan Zhan isn't it a bit too late for that. (y/n) is already pregnant so it's not like we could break any more rules. Besides he needs us.'' Wei Ying hugs me to his chest and uses his puppy eyes on Lan Zhan while I look up at him innocently. Fortunately Lan Zhan is quick to agree and closes the door of the room.

Lan Zhan walks away and we quickly follow him. Wei Ying whispers in my ear. ''It works every time. You should remember that.'' He grins at me before looking forward again. We quickly follow after Lan Zhan as he leads to our room.