Puppy

Rudy POV

"Hey buddy-" the puppy snapped at me before I could even talk to it. Nope can't have a dog like that.

I was looking at puppies to find one for my girlfriend, Y/N. She had been talking about getting a dog for a long time now so I figured I'd surprise her with one.

I continued to look at all the little puppies playing in their cages. God, they were all so cute.

I played with a few. Letting them nibble on my finger and rubbing their heads until I saw one sitting in the corner chewing on a toy bone. It was a German shepherd. I remembered JD, one of my good friends, had a German Shepherd and Y/N had really bonded with it.

I walked over to the other side of the cage where the puppy was. I stuck my finger through one of the holes on the fence and petted the puppy's nose. It looked up at me and started licking my finger which made me laugh.

A worker walked by but I stood up and stopped them.

"Is this a boy or a girl?" I asked pointing at the puppy.

"It's a boy. He's a real good dog. Doesn't bark much and just loves to play," The woman told me making me smile. That's exactly what Y/N needed.

"I'll take it,"

After paying for the puppy and everything that comes with it such as a bed, food, treats, a leash, toys, etc, etc, I walked out to the car, carrying the heavy dog and the box of stuff. I sat down the box in the back seat then put the doggy back there.

"Be a good boy now and don't pee on my seats, ka peesh?" I pet his head before opening the driver's seat door and hopping in.

I quickly drove to my apartment cause Y/N had been staying with me for a few months now. I left the box of supplies in my car, not wanting to have to carry it and a puppy all the way up to the 6th floor. I hurried into the elevator and walked down the long hallway until I got to my room. I pulled my keys out of my pocket and unlocked the door.

I carried the puppy into the back bedroom and found Y/N asleep on the bed, laying on her stomach in only her bra and sweatpants. A Disney movie playing on the TV. I smiled as I walked over and sat on the bed and freed the puppy. He instantly waddled over to Y/N and started licking her ear. She stirred to life but didn't open her eyes. "Rudy, what the hell?" She groaned, flipping over on her other side.

I laughed as the puppy crawled onto her, placing its paw on her shoulder and licking her face. "Rud-" she opened her eyes and once she saw the doggy she jumped up as she gasped.

"It's a puppy!"She cooed in a baby voice, pulling it into her arms. "Hey, cutie!"

I smiled as she continued to talk to the puppy in a cute baby voice as she held him in her arms. Finally, she looked up at me and grinned. "Who's puppy is this?"

"Yours,"

Her eyes widen at what I had just told her. Her heart probably leaped out of her chest.

"Mine?" She repeated as if she didn't believe me.

"Mhmm, you can name him whatever you want" I inform her making her give me a toothy grin before looking down at the puppy and stroking his fur.
"Awwww, Rudy, I can't believe you did this," she leaned over and kissed my lips sweetly.

"It's the least I can do," I laid my head down beside her, watching her smile at the doggy. Her smile was absolutely perfect and adorable which made me smile as well.

"So what is ya gonna name him?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows at her.

"It's a boy right?" She asked, petting the dog.

"That might be the reason why I said "him"" I chuckled, kissing her bare shoulder.

"Oh okay, well, uh, I don't know" She shrugged, looking at me with a blank expression.

"I'd say Rudy Junior" I suggested. I knew she would never go along with that.

"Absolutely not" she giggled shaking her head. I knew it.

"Well, what about Buddy?" I asked.

"No"

"Max?"

"That's basic"

"Charlie?"

"Nah"

"Rocky?"

"That sound like your talking about the rocky mountains"

"Buster?"

"Like Ghostbusters? Eh"

"Okay, I'm out of ideas" I sighed, looking up at her.

"Actually, now that I think about it RJ for Rudy Junior is not that bad" she explained, giggling slightly.

"Oh, for real now? You're gonna name him after me?" I laughed, sitting up and running my fingers through the puppy's fur.

"Yeah, it doesn't sound that bad"

"Okay, RJ it is!" I stand up, kissing Y/N's forehead. "Imma go get all his stuff out of the car"

She nodded as I walked out of the bedroom and down to the car. I came back up with the box of stuff and as I walked through the door I heard Y/N shouting for me. I ran into the bedroom to see Y/N grabbing a towel out of the bathroom. "What wrong?" I asked as she walked back out.

"You need to potty train your son," She tells me, pointing at RJ who was sitting next to a puddle on the floor.

Little did I know what I had got myself into.

Word count: 927
Edited but may still be a few errors.