Dyslexia

𝖱𝖾𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝖻𝗒: @𝖺𝗁𝗎𝗀𝖾𝖽𝗂𝗌𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍

I stood in the kitchen spreading peanut butter on a slice of bread before spreading jelly on the other slice

I stood in the kitchen spreading peanut butter on a slice of bread before spreading jelly on the other slice. I was making dinner for both me and Rudy. We hadn't gone to the store to pick up groceries in a while and considering Chase, Drew and JD stayed over last night they ate all the food and now we had barely anything to eat.

Once I got the sandwiches ready, I placed them on a plate and head into the bedroom to find Rudy. He was sitting in the middle of the bed with papers and folders scattered around him.

"Hey babe" I cooed, sitting the plates on the nightstand before rubbing his shoulders from behind. "What are you doing?"

"Just working" He sighed, keeping his eyes on the papers in front of him.

"Hm, I brought you a sandwich" I hummed as I rested my chin on his shoulder. I looked at the expression on his face as his eyes stand glue to the papers. His eyes were squinted and his eyebrows were furrowed together as if he was confused. He looked stressed and tired. Well, he had been working for a while now.

"Thank you," he said in return as I handed him a plate. He started eating the sandwich as he continued to stare down at the papers laid in front of him. I ate my dinner as well as I sat beside him with my head leaned back against the headboard. It didn't take long for Rudy to finish his sandwich. He was already putting his plate on the nightstand.

"Ugh, I can't believe I signed up for this" He groaned, rubbing his fingers in circular motions over his temples as I put my plate on the nightstand.

"Want me to help? You can read it to me. Maybe if you say it out loud it'll help you remember" I shrugged, scooting over so I was able to see his scripts.

"Yeah maybe" he mumbled, looking up at me before looking back down.

I laid down on my stomach and rested my head on my elbows with my knees bend and my feet kicking back and forth as I waited on him to start.

I watched as his eyes scanned over the paper several times before he glanced back up at me.

"Uh...." his eyes flickered back to the paper and he ran his finger over a sentence but stopped at a certain word. That's when it hit me like lightning. I had totally forgotten Rudy had dyslexia. No wonder he was having a hard time. He couldn't read the words as well as a normal person. He had told me a long time ago but I didn't think much of it.

"Rudy" I soothed, caressing his face with my hands before planting a small kiss on his lips. "Here, let me help you read"

"Sorry, just all the letters don't make sense and it takes me forever to figure out what one word says" Rudy whined, pointing at the paper.

"I know, I know. It's not your fault, baby" I explained while I turned the paper just a little so I could see the words. "Okay, where were you at?"

"At the top. The part highlighted in yellow"

I read over it myself. It was a scene at the Midsummers party. JJ, Rudy's character, was talking to Pope, his character's friend, about what happened to his face that had been beaten up by his father.

"It was my dad. He's got that right jab, you know?" I read out slowly, dragging my fingers under the sentence as Rudy watched me closely.

"Wow, I wish I could read that good" the blonde smiled up at me like I was the greatest thing he'd ever seen making my heart drop at his words. He didn't ask to be dyslexic. He was just born with it and couldn't help it which made me feel bad.

I flashed a quick smile back at him before concentrating back on the script. I read more of his lines and he repeated them over and over in character to remember them. We spend a least an hour going over his script. I was getting ready to read another one when Rudy stopped me.

"Wait, wait I wanna try to read this one" he announced, squinting his eyes down at the paper.

I watched as he ran his finger over the words slowly, stopping for a few seconds before moving to the next. I knew dyslexia wasn't something that could be cured. There was no way he was gonna ever be able to read something without struggling. I put on a small smile as I watched him carefully hoping that he could maybe get the small words.

"Yeah, I can't. I'm fucking stupid" he stated with a loud exhale as he leaned back, falling down into the soft covers on the bed.

"Hey, don't say that. Don't ever say that" I demanded sternly running my hand through his hair before leaning down and peppering his face in kisses making him grin weakly but a sad frown took over. You're perfect the way you are Rudy and I love you no matter what. Plus, being dyslexic doesn't mean you're stupid."

"What would I do without you?" He chuckled as I shook my head with a small laugh.

"You would have to find someone else to give you pep talks and fix your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches" I giggled, pointing to the plate on the nightstand with only crumbs.